England vs Denmark - Semi Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

OUFCwaffle

It's...

a real potential banana skin game tonight.

This will be the night we either step up and put history behind us, or go back to being the laughing stock bottlers that everyone else in the world wants us to be.

Losing to Italy in the final would be admirable, losing to Denmark in the semis would be very disappointing.

Will all go down to who wants it more on the night. And let's be honest, Denmark will friggin want it, so we will need to be on the absolute top of our game with zero complacency.

One thing's for certain, there will be 60,000 England fans in Wembley roaring us on.

Come on Gazzer, make amends for 2018, that knighthood is waiting for you.

1-0 England (Pickford, 119th)

Last edited:
Cant wait. Still gutted about Euro 96 and watching Muller celebrate right in front of me after Southgate missed. Time to make amends.

Having kept clean sheets so far, the key factor will be how we respond when they score....

• React
Reactions: m
I'm expecting it to be 0-0 after a turgid 90 minutes, 0-0 after 30 minutes of even more turgidness (fairly certain that isn't a word but heyho!) in extra time, and then to get soundly thumped in penalties with the only one to score being a Jordan Pickford rocket into top corner!

Anything better than that and I can be pleasantly surprised!

Capture.JPG

Underestimate Denmark at your peril. Aside from that freak Finland game that the Danes really should not have had to play, only world number one side Belgium have managed to beat them since the start of 2020. They have a win and draw to their name in that time against England too.

This is very different but they are a very decent team with familiar faces and a strong team ethic. A Ukraine-style 4-0 this won't be.

Weirdly I think Denmark scare me more than Italy do. They've got so much passion and so much to play for, they've looked really decent this tournament. In normal circumstances I'd back us to comfortably win 2-0. But given its a semi final and the unbelievable motivation running through that Denmark squad... It's going to be a close one for sure. 1-0 win where we never look totally comfortable is my prediction.

After all that went on recently they will be desperate to beat England.
Italy definitely the best side in it, but we could still win it if our players want it

Certainly no complacency over beating Denmark here.
I have a healthy respect for what they have achieved under extraordinary circumstances already.
We will need every ounce of our
A-game if we are to confound history and make the final.
Anything less brings only heartbreak and tears, so I shall be watching and praying from behind the sofa tonight.
Come on England, make History!

Kane has found form and he is up against his whipping boy in goal, so I am saying 1-0 to us with a goal off of Kane’s shin with a second to go.

Think we'll win 2 nil tonight. Not only have we looked pretty solid at the back, we have several different options throughout the team to try breaking Denmark down.

Too many years of hurt, just can't picture England lining up in a final, I'm expecting it to all come crashing down tonight, probably in a really cruel and unusual way...

Please please prove me wrong 😂

‘Oh no not again. It’s a fifth red card for England. Why why why did John Stones decide to drop his shorts and moon the ref when Kane, Rice, Trippier and Saka had already exposed themselves to him in such similar fashion?! It’s an ignominious defeat for England as this match is forfeited. Dear oh dear oh dear …’

Back
Top Bottom