England v Italy EURO 2020 Cup Final

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members

Big Ronaldo

I must admit that coming into this tournament, I never really saw Italy
(or England) as potential winners.

On the back of qualifying, they had proved to be hard to beat, but I figured that they would be found out early when properly tested.

Their Ageing centre backs and mostly unknown or underperforming players I felt were not talented enough to get very far in this tournament.
How wrong I was.
They are an exceptionally gifted side who make it difficult for teams to get at them such is their organisation in defence.
My main worry ( thank god Spinnazola is out) is Chiesa.
He looks to be a threat as he peels off the shoulder of defenders and will need to be carefully marshalled if England are to stifle him.
Veratti in centre midfield is another who cannot be allowed to dictate.
Those runs from Insigne too must be stopped early.
They are not invincible though, despite the fact that they are very organised they have an alarming lack of pace at the back that can be first exposed and then exploited.
Their keeper is decent though so let’s hope we don’t have to face the dreaded penalty shootout.

All ends up it will be a hell of a battle to win this one. We will need to be at our very best to beat a very confident Italy side.

Whatever does happen tomorrow night I will be proud to be English
The Italian team can be got at they were hanging on against Spain and Belgium even Austria gave them a good game but if Spain had someone who could score they would have beat Italy that’s where I think we can hurt them we’ve got pace and players in sterling and Kane who can score our defence is quite decent aswel so 🤞 we can bring it home

E54VQv1X0AY8DLn

Could be some Sunday for italians in London lf Matto Berrettini beats Djokovic and becomes the first italian to win the Wimbledon Mens Championship. Their football team and fans will get a bounce from that!

Not me either, was far more nervous before the semi, could see that going disastrously wrong.

Feeling very confident going to win by 2 clear goals 2-0 3-1 4-2

Nope.
Winning runs come to an end.
Not conceding comes to an end.
The signs are all there........................................ :)
We have already conceded one to Denmark so no point in worrying about that. We can concede as many as we like, just as long as we score at least one more. 6-5 would go into the history books as the best final ever.

I was much more nervous leading up to the 2010 play off final. However, I would love to see England win tonight - too young for 1966.

For me the key is whether Calvert-Lewin is on the bench. This gives an alternative should Kane get a knock - as he well might with their centre backs.

I was much more nervous leading up to the 2010 play off final. However, I would love to see England win tonight - too young for 1966.

For me the key is whether Calvert-Lewin is on the bench. This gives an alternative should Kane get a knock - as he well might with their centre backs.
2010 different stuff was shitting myself but also really excited at the same time tonight I’m just nervous purely because never thought I’d see England in a final of a major tournament

Inspiration, if it was at all needed, is that the whole Europe is wanting Italy to win, but in that stadium, just about the whole of the crowd are behind us.

I'd be surprised if we see Kane that close to Bonucci or Chiellini tonight. I imagine he'll spend a lot of time in deep positions or out wide to try and avoid them and get the likes of Sterling in behind.

Heroic failure is England’s thing. We just tend to do that in the quarters or semi finals!

I think simply seeing them approach an tournament with a plan and philosophy and with a pleasant, young team with a nice guy manager and make the final with those elements is terrific. It’s really heartened me and my attitude to England.

Of course I’d like to see them win but if they fall short, they’ve done remarkably well.

Back
Top Bottom