England vs Ukraine

001 Taxis - 10% discount for forum members
Nice when you can fly out to Rome nice and refreshed having played all there games at Wembley while others have had to travel thousands of miles ( believe Switzerland flew 7000 ) in soaring temperatures to play theirs. Czechs v Denmark 8pm local time there 31*. Farcical, they should have made England travel not play all games at home, tonight excepted. 1966 all over again.
Yeah those cheats in 1966 playing in England every game.

It’s coming home but you are not invited, UEFA are sending you to Baku.

Yeah those cheats in 1966 playing in England every game.

It’s coming home but you are not invited, UEFA are sending you to Baku.
No problem, spent a year in the Middle East in the Navy, daily temperatures well over a 100*, you should try it sometime.

Nice when you can fly out to Rome nice and refreshed having played all there games at Wembley while others have had to travel thousands of miles ( believe Switzerland flew 7000 ) in soaring temperatures to play theirs. Czechs v Denmark 8pm local time there 31*. Farcical, they should have made England travel not play all games at home, tonight excepted. 1966 all over again.
Are you Scottish?

No problem, spent a year in the Middle East in the Navy, daily temperatures well over a 100*, you should try it sometime.
No, it sounds s**t, I will stick to the mild weather of north east Hampshire ta very much.

Swear half of you old fuckers on here were in the Navy, explains the rampant homo erotic nature on an obscure league one forum.

No, it sounds s**t, I will stick to the mild weather of north east Hampshire ta very much.

Swear half of you old fuckers on here were in the Navy, explains the rampant homo erotic nature on an obscure league one forum.
You would.

No, that sounds terrible! I like my shady home and air conditioned office, ponce that I am.

I don’t even want to go on a luxury cruise, did a booze cruise ferry thing once and it was shite, hangover on a boat is something I never want to repeat.

While no England players have let themselves down at all, I'm just so impressed by Rice and Philips this tournament. England's issue has always been our centre mid, even in the era of Lampard, Carrick, Gerrard, Scholes etc. It was where we lost the semi in 2018. Rice and Philips, 18 months ago, wouldn't have been anywhere near an England squad, let alone starting over a Champions League winner in Henderson. Hell, 18 months ago, Philips was in the Championship. But they've been totally dominant. Against Germany especially, both on yellows for most of the match, to play as maturely as they did was extraordinary. They've allowed the rest of the side to flourish around them.

We did go a bit further than the Isle Of Wight, believe it or not, the world is round, and you dont fall off

I’ve just started a bottle of cider in the shower. That’s how you know it’s coming home.

Cards on the table - who thinks it’s on?

I think England will be in the final next weekend. I wouldn’t like to call anything more than that, but I think we will see them walk out.
I think it's still Italy's tournament to lose. I backed them from the start to be right in it, although expected France to make the final from their side of the bracket. Worryingly though, I am actually starting to believe we can do it. It's setting up perfectly for a Denmark defeat.

It's clear we're good enough to beat Denmark (whether we do or not is by the by) but Italy might my stronger than us. Who knows. But at this point I doff my cap to Southgate. He's proved me wrong.... and I'm fvcking chuffed.

Last edited:
WE still look like we’re playing well within ourselves. Can we keep it tight to see off Denmark then raise our game to the max against Italy or Spain?
I have to agree. It feels like we could if we wanted tear any team to shreds but we keep it bottled with endless back passes. Hopefully lulling them into a false sense of security. Sancho looked awesome and to think we have got Grealish and Foden waiting in the wings and Saka. Shaw infuriates me most of the match and then comes up with a couple of crucial assists what can you say except hats off!

So I think I'm right in saying that today means that England have now won more knockout matches in major tournament finals under Southgate than under any other manager? That's four.....Bobby Robson and Alf Ramsey each had three (unless you count the 3rd place match in '68, in which case Ramsey also had four - but I don't, because third place games are a waste of time).

Granted, it's a bit easier in these days with these expanded tournaments (Euro '68 only had four teams!) but still so, so impressive given that he's only done two tournament cycles.

Southgate has got this England team playing like lions - they spend much of the game doing the footballing equivalent of lolling around in the shade, but when they do spring in to life, they do so with pace and power and very sharp teeth, and they rip their opponents to shreds!

Although noone should be looking past Denmark at this moment, by the way - they are easily the best team we've faced so far, Germany included.

If you ignore the Finland game (and you can forgive them for being not at their best when they'd just watched one of their mates almost die in front of them), Denmark haven't lost to anyone other than Belgium since September 2018 (34 games ago). Including home and away matches against England.

Although noone should be looking past Denmark at this moment, by the way - they are easily the best team we've faced so far, Germany included.

If you ignore the Finland game (and you can forgive them for being not at their best when they'd just watched one of their mates almost die in front of them), Denmark haven't lost to anyone other than Belgium since September 2018 (34 games ago). Including home and away matches against England.
Agree on that. Why do I see penalties on the horizon?

Back
Top Bottom