EFL - The Covid-19 decision

Unweighted PPG has to be to be the fairest because it’s the most straight forward process to decide the standings. It’s based on what HAS happened. When the season curtailed WWFC had the third highest points per game, fact.

Weighted PPG introduces a single variable (when hundreds are available) and it makes absolutely no sense to do this. If you’re going to weight home/away then you have to look at who’s played who and you could boil it down to the finest details, injuries etc. It opens a real can of worms and is completely impractical.

to be fair that is why the EFL have done it that way (I don’t agree with it) but they have taken view that PPG is based on what he actually happened where as WPPG is an element of predicting future. As I say I don’t agree but it is why EFL have gone that way.

to be fair that is why the EFL have done it that way (I don’t agree with it) but they have taken view that PPG is based on what he actually happened where as WPPG is an element of predicting future. As I say I don’t agree but it is why EFL have gone that way.
Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhh!

Neither of them have anything to do with predicting the future. They just weight past achievements on the biggest principal component.

Right. I'm going to stop replying to any comments on WPPG now. I'm on pills fer me nerves, yer know.

Nope. We don't have a youth team or academy. They were cut about 6 or 7 years ago to save money. The first team squad is all we've got

Edit: 8 years ago in fact

Did that mean then that you had more money to buy/bring in more first team players, rather than as some of trust advocated at the time, simply spending time and money on youth players that are unlikely to make it into the first team squad?

Meanwhile in Sunderland...................................

"The 51% principle / rule is farcical and inherently unfair. Any judge worth his or her salt would rule as such imo, we need to get a legal challenge in as and when the season is voided otherwise the club is royally fucked. "

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

At least the EFL have laid out the groundwork, it`s down to the clubs now................... tick tock...

Aaaaaaarrrrggghhhh!

Neither of them have anything to do with predicting the future. They just weight past achievements on the biggest principal component.

Right. I'm going to stop replying to any comments on WPPG now. I'm on pills fer me nerves, yer know.
Lol Bobby Chariot! Wife left you and sleeping in the Jag?

Of course, THE most straightforward process based on what HAS happened is the current league table, with us 3rd and WW 8th.

...but “you wouldn’t want to introduce any more variables”, such as number of games actually played would you....?!???

Is the only difference between PPG and WPPG the order in which the top four would finish? Is it us, Wycombe, Portsmouth and Fleetwood no matter what?

If so they may as well just do a draw like a cup semi final to determine who plays whom. In the event that the games can’t be played, socially distant sack races can be held on consecutive Sunday’s until a champion, and subsequently promoted team, is crowned.

Nope. We don't have a youth team or academy. They were cut about 6 or 7 years ago to save money. The first team squad is all we've got

Edit: 8 years ago in fact
So how are you going to cope with the new squad limits being introduced next season, max squad of 20 to include 8 homegrown players. - reckon you can handle aseason with 12 players?

Unweighted PPG has to be to be the fairest because it’s the most straight forward process to decide the standings. It’s based on what HAS happened. When the season curtailed WWFC had the third highest points per game, fact.

No!

Current points is the most straightforward process which is based on what HAS happened. Whe the season curtailed OUFC had the thirst highest points total, fact.

Is the only difference between PPG and WPPG the order in which the top four would finish? Is it us, Wycombe, Portsmouth and Fleetwood no matter what?

If so they may as well just do a draw like a cup semi final to determine who plays whom. In the event that the games can’t be played, socially distant sack races can be held on consecutive Sunday’s until a champion, and subsequently promoted team, is crowned.
No, posh would replace Pompey, WW would cling on in 6th

Of course, THE most straightforward process based on what HAS happened is the current league table, with us 3rd and WW 8th.
yeah but apparently that wouldn’t be fair as they’ve played 1 less games that might or might not be Coventry (it is Coventry)

Unweighted PPG
Wycombe
Oxford
Portsmouth
Fleetwood

Weighted PPG
Oxford
Fleetwood
Peterborough
Wycombe

Back
Top Bottom