EFL Gillingham match (and all other EFL games 17/4 at 3pm) to be moved

Jesus Christ. I bet your managers loved you...
Why? For having a point of view and principles that I wanted to stick to?

FWIW I went on to become a Director of several companies, and Managing Director of two, so yeah, I should have toed the line and listened to those "managers." Just think, I could have ended up as chief car washer to some minor royal!

Wonder what the Gills would have done if it had been at Priestfield, although it’s getting lighter in the e evenings surely they would still need to put their lights on.......as they were kicking off early to save money

....and why does BBC Radio Oxford cover Brackley, when it is in Northamptonshire??
I live in Brackley, please don't take RadOx away, it sucked having to pay for iFollow just to listen to commentary when I was an exile in Wales 😂

Also, having lived in Northamptonshire for 20 of my 26 years, I agree, it's a weird county. I'd be rather overjoyed if Oxfordshire could swallow Brackley up and take us away.

....and why does BBC Radio Oxford cover Brackley, when it is in Northamptonshire??
Been thinking this for years, especially when they go to Brackley before Oxford City games
I would think in miles Reading is not far from Brackley if you take Carfax as a centre point, but Radox don’t send reporters there. If they are saying it’s close to our border they should also cover Supermarine which is extremely close.

If it helps develop our fanbase then keep covering Brackley as far as I'm concerned.

Just looked this up and Brackley is the same distance to the Oxfordshire border as Swindon so perhaps Radox should be covering them
I did an interview at Radio Northampton a few years ago and they said they had very little interest in Brackley games because it was basically not Northants being border of Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and most of their listeners are north of Northampton so they prefer to cover the clubs up there. IMO RadOx sports coverage is far superior so no complaints from me as a Brackley local and OUFC fan.

Abingdon United & Town dont get rad ox coverage ( do they?).... though Abingdon was only annexed in the 70s & they both chose to remain in Berkshire leagues... if memory serves?

Abingdon United & Town dont get rad ox coverage ( do they?).... though Abingdon was only annexed in the 70s & they both chose to remain in Berkshire leagues... if memory serves?

They aren't high enough as both in the Hellenic Lg now (both Div 1, not even Hellenic Premier). They both used to get coverage on Rad Ox in line with what Didcot got/get.

Both have always been in leagues that cover Oxon, either the Hellenic League (Headington Amateurs and Quarry/Oxford City Nomads are/were in this Lg), Combined Counties (or some other Isthmian feeder Lg like that) or Isthmian Lg*/Southern Lg.

Both Abingdon clubs stayed in the Berks and Bucks FA and hence their County Cups.

*Oxon clubs switched back to focusing on the Southern Lg after the Lg changed its onerous ground grading requirements and therefore absolutely unnecessary cost. This was the reason Town went the Isthmian route as the requirements for the Southern Lg were so above what Town were getting or likely to get crowd wise. The Isthmian Lg requirements were still ridiculous but far less so.

As a side note, I think Paul Berry signed straight for Town after leaving Oxford. He was one of the best Hellenic Lg strikers when it was a very good non League standard. Saying that Town had very good teams for quite a while around that period and played some excellent football.

Last edited:
They aren't high enough as both in the Hellenic Lg now (both Div 1, not even Hellenic Premier). They both used to get coverage on Rad Ox in line with what Didcot got/get.

Both have always been in leagues that cover Oxon, either the Hellenic League (Headington Amateurs and Quarry/Oxford City Nomads are/were in this Lg), Combined Counties (or some other Isthmian feeder Lg like that) or Isthmian Lg*/Southern Lg.

Both Abingdon clubs stayed in the Berks and Bucks FA and hence their County Cups.

*Oxon clubs switched back to focusing on the Southern Lg after the Lg changed its onerous ground grading requirements and therefore absolutely unnecessary cost. This was the reason Town went the Isthmian route as the requirements for the Southern Lg were so above what Town were getting or likely to get crowd wise. The Isthmian Lg requirements were still ridiculous but far less so.

As a said note, I think Paul Berry signed straight for Town after leaving Oxford. He was one of the best Hellenic Lg strikers when it was a very good non League standard. Saying that Town had very good teams for quite a while around that period and played some excellent football.
cheers for putting me right on that @Marked Ox :)

Back
Top Bottom