Oxford
Portsmouth
Fleetwood

Weighted PPG
Oxford
Fleetwood
Peterborough
Wycombe
DMac is going to be all over this, that the play offs will not happen so High Wycombe go up automatically!

Essexyellows said:
This means that in the event of an early curtailment:
  • Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
  • Promotion and relegation should be retained.
  • Play-Offs should be played in all circumstances but should not be extended (beyond four teams).
  • If a scenario arises whereby the Play-Offs cannot be played, the EFL Board will determine the appropriate course of action.
That final point is the most important, as that does then reintroduce a number of options : autos only, PPG, weighted PPG, etc.

Including the option of taking the existing results between the four teams. Look away now if you don't want to know the result ...

Results were:
1590071554791.png

Making the final table:
1590072335147.png

Oh, hang on it appears we did not all play each other, so let's use PPG.
1590072313549.png

But what about Weighted PPG?
1590072371120.png

Congratulations Joey

For f**k's sake.

So basically nothing that couldn't have been decided 10 weeks ago then. Farcical.
One thing it does say is if no play offs third place will not necessarily gain promotion. It states if no play offs that will determine an appropriate course of action.

So how are you going to cope with the new squad limits being introduced next season, max squad of 20 to include 8 homegrown players. - reckon you can handle aseason with 12 players?
I have no idea. If they introduce the homegrown rule then we simply can't play

On the other hand, we have done very well with a small squad over the last few years, so the 20 player limit may be beneficial. I've been to games (circa 2015/16/17) where we only had 3 or 4 on the bench out of a possible 7, including a trial goalkeeper

Did that mean then that you had more money to buy/bring in more first team players, rather than as some of trust advocated at the time, simply spending time and money on youth players that are unlikely to make it into the first team squad?
I don't know this either. We don't really spend anything on transfers though. We haven't signed a player for a transfer fee for at least three years, maybe four. It's all free transfers, loans, trialists, and out of contract players

Essexyellows said:
This means that in the event of an early curtailment:
  • Final divisional placings should be determined on unweighted points per game (if required).
  • Promotion and relegation should be retained.
  • Play-Offs should be played in all circumstances but should not be extended (beyond four teams).
  • If a scenario arises whereby the Play-Offs cannot be played, the EFL Board will determine the appropriate course of action.

Including the option of taking the existing results between the four teams. Look away now if you don't want to know the result ...

Results were:
View attachment 3701

Making the final table:
View attachment 3703

Oh, hang on it appears we did not all play each other, so let's use PPG.
View attachment 3702

But what about Weighted PPG?
View attachment 3704

Congratulations Joey

And what about using GD as a weighting too? Statisticians wet dream.

One thing it does say is if no play offs third place will not necessarily gain promotion. It states if no play offs that will determine an appropriate course of action.

But the same formula will apply i would think and why the EFL could not reveal what they would do in such an event is beyond me...perhaps they are paid Bonus by meetings :)

Darragh has updated his bio on twitter... glad to see he's taken the news well.

Point 4 really needs a definite, before a vote can be taken, or nobody knows what they're voting for !
Highest placed team after unweighted
First team alphabetically ?
Largest ground ?
Least Yellow and Red Cards ?
Surely we all need to know the rules before we start ! oh!

That's actually unbelievable man - got to be the most puerile thing I've ever seen in professional football. And that includes seeing a fully grown man doing a dance from a kids cartoon video game to celebrate scoring a goal in a World Cup Final!

At least we know that they definitely know what that method is already, and will be able sort it quickly and decisively.

Lol.

I’ve just started following him on Twitter purely for the comedy of what I think is to come!

Unweighted PPG has to be to be the fairest because it’s the most straight forward process to decide the standings. It’s based on what HAS happened. When the season curtailed WWFC had the third highest points per game, fact.

Weighted PPG introduces a single variable (when hundreds are available) and it makes absolutely no sense to do this. If you’re going to weight home/away then you have to look at who’s played who and you could boil it down to the finest details, injuries etc. It opens a real can of worms and is completely impractical.
At least you won’t get promoted

Back
Top Bottom