Craig Bellamy the new favourite!!

This, no matter who the player once he's left the building be as respectful as he's been, but supporting the team is paramount.
How do you think our players thought when they heard and opposition players name being chanted throughout the game, I wonder what team that motivated to go on and push for a win...

Assume this is at least in part with reference to Maguire?

If so, agree totally. That chanting against Bury was an utter embarrassment to our club.

Assume this is at least in part with reference to Maguire?

If so, agree totally. That chanting against Bury was an utter embarrassment to our club.

A number of us in the SSU were cringing somewhat.

Well done to the idiots who thought that was a good idea?

A number of us in the SSU were cringing somewhat.

Well done to the idiots who thought that was a good idea?
SSU idiot here and will be again when I clap another ex player who was value for money to watch

I think there’s a difference, between giving him a clap pre match and at the end if he comes over. But actively singing his songs while he’s up attacking a corner against us just seems wrong. Would u jeers if he scored it as well ?

For me maguire has it spot on, acknowledged the fans, didn’t actively celebrate the 27 goals against us.

I think there’s a difference, between giving him a clap pre match and at the end if he comes over. But actively singing his songs while he’s up attacking a corner against us just seems wrong. Would u jeers if he scored it as well ?

For me maguire has it spot on, acknowledged the fans, didn’t actively celebrate the 27 goals against us.

I know we were poor against Bury but I'm sure we didn't concede 27 goals!

We must have, im sure I read on here that it was our worst performance and placed us in a relation battle, that we wouldn’t get out of due to not ever winning against the top 10, or being able to get the 4 wins we needed [emoji6]

Either that or I have fat thumbs [emoji23]
it did seem like 27 conceeded !:eek:

This, no matter who the player once he's left the building be as respectful as he's been, but supporting the team is paramount.
How do you think our players thought when they heard and opposition players name being chanted throughout the game, I wonder what team that motivated to go on and push for a win...

I'm sure the players hated it but it may have had the effect of hastening the dismissal of Pep. The OUFC directors and staff must have taken notice of that chant ' We want Maguire back ' and confirmed to them that a change in management was needed. After all they need our fans on board for the club to succeed.

I'm sure the players hated it but it may have had the effect of hastening the dismissal of Pep. The OUFC directors and staff must have taken notice of that chant ' We want Maguire back ' and confirmed to them that a change in management was needed. After all they need our fans on board for the club to succeed.
I agree about the whole day of fan disenchantment, Shhgate, might have pushed the patience of the powers to be about Peps future, but Pep would have had any say in the return of Maguire, it looks like the recruiting had been taken out of his hands after his summer jaunt into the transfer market.

Sorry mate, I am new to the forum and thought you were the poster who believed Sercs didn't deserve a decent reception. I just have to dig out people like that!
I trust you will not be clapping if he scores in front of the East stand.

What about if it’s an own goal? Are we allowed to clap then? It’s all very confusing.

Works both ways, he cups his ears in front of our fans at the away game, if he’s respectful he will get a good reception like maguire, I doubt sercs will be so held back in his celebrations as maguire was if they win in which case he can expect a bit back.

Good player for us, deserves a round of applause when his name is read out. But that’s it, he not our player, and singing songs for him during the game instead of supporting our own team is just wrong

Wonder if that anything to do with Pepxit?

Idiot, do you think it helped our team in any way?
We were beyond help at that stage. Something to lighten the mood, and it does not need you to tell us otherwise.

I actually thought the “We want Maguire back” song was what ultimately got Pep the sack.

a8ff47c0a118e0a8b3537be86682f583.jpg

Back
Top Bottom