Craig Bellamy the new favourite!!

Ricey

Not for me I must say! Never liked him while he was playing!

I don’t know why we only seem interested in inexperienced managers? I know the model is to develop young players but surely we can find a manager who is experienced and can still bring through the youth?

Frank, Unsworth and Bellamy all big names with no experience! Having said that we will probably appoint someone completely left field anyway!!

Peoples thoughts on Bellamy?

I don’t know why we only seem interested in inexperienced managers? I know the model is to develop young players but surely we can find a manager who is experienced and can still bring through the youth?

Frank, Unsworth and Bellamy all big names with no experience! Having said that we will probably appoint someone completely left field anyway!!

…are elsewhere

Would be a poor appointment. No managerial experience other than developing kids at Cardiff. History of alleged thuggery. Not for me or OUFC in my opinion.

I'm wondering if it's worth throwing away 20 quid to see if someone starts a new thread for every change in odds.

Guys did you hear?! Michael Owen is now at 5/2! Ant and Dec up to Evens!

Not that Bellamy is an unlikely candidate, but there have been so many new favourites, and Eales has said we're barely at shortlist stage. Odds don't mean much at this stage.

Seems a bit random

I suppose he's more qualified than Lampard is, and people seemed pretty receptive to him, but as Erases said his character has been very questionable in the past, not something you'd say about Lampard

Apparently his presentation when going for the Wales job was very impressive and he wasn't too far away from getting in.

Bellamy doesn't want to speak to us apparently. Reckon he's waiting for a top tier job (top of championship/international). We're apparently now looking at experienced managers.

Bellamy doesn't want to speak to us apparently. Reckon he's waiting for a top tier job (top of championship/international). We're apparently now looking at experienced managers.

He's going to be waiting for a long time then!

I just wonder if Darryl is being influenced too much in his search, by David Jones and his sky influenced starry eyed view of who we should approach

Out of every mentioned Bellamy is the only one who actually turns my stomach, could never stand the gobby rat boy when he was a player, I can’t see him being a success here with his abrasive personality, would feel like he was doing us a favour.

Probably B*****s, might even be a wind up with people putting money on someone they know would be a wind up.

It’s already been stated we will be getting someone who has experience and knowledge of lge 1. So you can rule Bellemy, Lampard, Upson, and all others that have not managed.

That’s what DE said.

So. Just to recap. Allegedly we have been turned down by Grayson, Unsworth and now Bellamy. We're not that much of a gamble are we? There are 'basket case' clubs out there (Leeds, Sunderland) but not us surely?

So. Just to recap. Allegedly we have been turned down by Grayson, Unsworth and now Bellamy. We're not that much of a gamble are we? There are 'basket case' clubs out there (Leeds, Sunderland) but not us surely?

Where were we turned down by Grayson? It was rumoured he turned down mk because he wanted a champ job but even that’s unconfirmed with him in the running for Bradford

• React
Reactions: Ian
If we’ve been turned down by Grayson then I can perfectly understand it, he’s already done it at League 1, he’s had relative success at Championship level and tasted management at clubs such as Leeds and Sunderland. Similar could also apply to likes of Warburton.

However if Unsworth and Bellamy have turned us down, then it just smacks of ex players who when shove comes to push don’t actually back themselves to be successful when they’ve got to drop down a league or two after their playing careers are over. No thanks.

We need someone who wants the job, preferably with some knowledge & experience of League 1.

Grayson now hopefully, although I’m sure Bradford and Barnsley will be favourites to appoint him.

I may give the old cv a polish at this rate. I suspect new manager will be someone ‘left field’

Back
Top Bottom