If not Craig, then who?

captainox

Has anyone got any clue whatsoever to whom is on the shortlist.

If you believe the bookies then McDermott, Stubbs and Toshack/Beale (purely because those two are too random to not have
had some kind of talks)

Interestingly Steve McClaren has actually dropped in the odds slowly across the last 10 days or so.
Sat 4th favourite, if you take out Bellamy now.

Got to be Seb Keenan. He won the Champions League six times with Oxford on Football Manager, puts MApp, Smith, and all those other twats to shame...

• React
Reactions: Ian
Hope we do have an announcement tomorrow, as we are starting to a laughing stock :mad:

Does it not give cause for concern that we have now had at least two people turn down the opportunity to become manager of our club? I would imagine that after the « press » conference there may be others who think working for Tiger might not be a good career move.

Does it not give cause for concern that we have now had at least two people turn down the opportunity to become manager of our club? I would imagine that after the « press » conference there may be others who think working for Tiger might not be a good career move.

On the other hand those prospective managers might have looked at a few of our recent games and thought “f**k that, I’ll do something easier like go and fight in Syria or something”

Hope we do have an announcement tomorrow, as we are starting to a laughing stock :mad:
Is that so?
I reckon getting less than 7,000 fans in the Championship is more likely to make you that.
We probably don't register for more than a second on most fans' radars so most wouldn't give two hoots.

Is that so?
I reckon getting less than 7,000 fans in the Championship is more likely to make you that.
We probably don't register for more than a second on most fans' radars so most wouldn't give two hoots.
Yes I do believe we are becoming a joke, and it looks like another director has jumped ship along with a prospective new manager.

Not sure that is fair. From what I heard on my fairly limited football grapevine, Unsworth pulled out after being tipped off from 'sources within the game' that our then chairman was not an easy man to work for. Not convinced that Ashton, Appleton or Pep will have been giving good last-minute references on DE after their experiences.
Hopefully, the Bellamy pull-out is a reaction to having almost got the job before being told he was one of many in the frame.
If it was because of a quiet call to Jaap Stam's office then, yes, this could (continue to) be an interesting process.

Warburton is my choice, but it won’t be him.

Agree!

However spoke to a Brentford mate who said the football is good etc, however has an assistant manager that has some links with dodgy agents and many signings looking suspect.

Guess dodgy links would fit in here!

This is farcical and something is very wrong, if tiger has been around 6 months or so he would have known about the manager situation surely to god..That the takeover was imminent has no bearing surely because part of the conversation must surely have been we've got x lined up who "wants" to be manager...i fail to see that the deal was concluded so suddenly that Tiger did not have a clue about de choice or have his own man ready to step in.
I cannot fathom why Tiger would make a sudden call to Daryl stating he is suddenly ready to sign the deal without having a manager ready to come too...I hope he more savvy when it comes to needing to agree new player recruitment.

I cant see anything happening when Tiger is out of the country. If it doesn’t happen today - my gut feeling says it won’t - then it’s going to be another week before anything does.

Not sure that is fair. From what I heard on my fairly limited football grapevine, Unsworth pulled out after being tipped off from 'sources within the game' that our then chairman was not an easy man to work for. Not convinced that Ashton, Appleton or Pep will have been giving good last-minute references on DE after their experiences.
Hopefully, the Bellamy pull-out is a reaction to having almost got the job before being told he was one of many in the frame.
If it was because of a quiet call to Jaap Stam's office then, yes, this could (continue to) be an interesting process.
Is Faz not a "source within the game?"
Whats Pep going to say "DE changed the entire recruitment policy of the club for my benefit and I fucked it up, then the bastard sacked me"

Idiot again Methaven . Your so bitter. Appleton was going no where before Oxford so for you to say he will slate the club who saved him is laughable. Pep fucked up he knows it Eales's knows it everyone in football who knows the score knows who was to blame during his time

Unsworth wife didn't want oxford to far from cost Cheshire so never going to happen Lampard didn't even have talks Sol had a coffee with Eales and that's it

Has simon grayson ruled himself out of the job?
If not, then spending a chunk of money bringing him here would be a very wise move.
He will need funds to buy players though. That will be crucial to him coming here in the first place.
He has the pedigree that gets teams promoted. If tiger is serious about this, this guy needs to be employed.

Back
Top Bottom