Matches 74 points is the holy grail

Northampton was certainly the moment that it all melted away, as others are saying.

KR's worst moment with the club so far.

H v Accrington. Win
A v Crewe. Draw
H v Shrewsbury. Win
H v Gillingham. Draw
A v Wimbledon. Win
H v Plymouth. Win
A v Shrewsbury. Win
H v Burton. Win

20 pts, 2.5 ppg.
Finish on 76 points [emoji846], but still might not be enough [emoji2955].

Current top three are away, and looking at the fixtures of Lincoln, Portsmouth and Blackpool, I can see all those three easily getting to 76 points.
If we go on a run like that, get 76 points and somehow don’t get into the playoffs - what a season!!

The Northampton team selection isn’t to blame, although it was a shocker, it’s our notoriously slow start that has cost us more than anything. We dropped so many points early on, and that needs addressing, if we are serious about going up in future.

The Northampton team selection isn’t to blame, although it was a shocker, it’s our notoriously slow start that has cost us more than anything. We dropped so many points early on, and that needs addressing, if we are serious about going up in future.
I don’t think you can say certain points are worth more than others, if we’d beaten Northampton and then had a decent ref and won yesterday we’d be in the playoffs as we speak!

I'm not writing the season off entirely because we played really well against Doncaster, Lincoln and Sunderland. Match those performances the rest of the season and we'll certainly worry the others challenging. However, we are definitely relying on one of Pompey, Lincoln and Blackpool at a minimum to have a stinker final 8 games, as well as a couple of others not going on a run. I'd say our chances are about as improbable as battering a premier league side 4-0 and then the next season the same side challenging for a place in Europe. Surely that couldn't happen, could it? 🤔

Still hopeful we can give it everything and put pressure on top 6 but I don't think we are good enough. Im still in disbelief we signed Grayson let alone started him CM.

Still hopeful we can give it everything and put pressure on top 6 but I don't think we are good enough. Im still in disbelief we signed Grayson let alone started him CM.
Wonder if theres a clause in the Grayson loan contract saying that he 'must' feature ( if fit) ? ..... as I cant think of any other reason as to why Max Powers buddy would get even a sniff of even a place on the bench after three absolutely calamitous & costly cameo appearances ?

Very very tough as there is no margin for error.
As you say, win the next 2 and who knows?
Five wins out of six is a big ask, but looking at the opposition it is possible.

Shrewsbury (twice), Burton and Plymouth have nothing to play for. Gillingham are like us but have played one more game. With Fatty Evans in charge they are an unknown quantity. Wimbledon had a big away win yesterday and need more points to get away from the drop zone.

The weakest team in the top six at the moment are MAPPS Lincoln who are going through a terrible run. Charlton and Pompey don't have particularly easy run ins, so it could go to the wire.

On a positive note, in spite of Wigan's big win away at Donny yesterday, in theory we cannot now be relegated!

Back
Top Bottom