Matches 74 points is the holy grail

Only need 4 x W, 1 x L get to the magical 74 point mark...

Or 3 x W, 2 x D to get to 73...
That's doable but we must carry on with a near to same team we started with over the last 2 games, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Barker.

I'll be much happier if/when we beat Gillingham on Saturday.

There are no gimmes any more but looking at 3 wins from Wimbledon, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and Burton and everything suddenly looks a little more positive.

There are no gimmes any more but looking at 3 wins from Wimbledon, Plymouth, Shrewsbury and Burton and everything suddenly looks a little more positive.
Shrewsbury away won't be easy

Burton and Wimbledon have found form though recently...

They'll have nothing to play for so will hopefully be playing all their kids like everyone wanted us to do!
I know what you mean but of they seem to think tonight wasn't a 4-1 win and Norburn will want to give it out as he tried to tonight against Sykes S some sort of retribution, I think they will send out a strong team hope I'm wrong mind you.

Wimbledon yes, but Burton will be last game of the season and will hopefully be already on the beach.
Fair play to Burton under JFH they've turned things around and will probably want to try and win as many as they can and try and get revenge on us, but we've shown in the last couple of games we are stronger.

I just know we have trouble against nasty cheating teams. Plus Jordan Graham
True but hopefully we can repeat our performances from the last couple of games and fingers crossed on Barker being available and I think that should give us the result we need, I hope🤞

74 points has to stay the aim, but I have a feeling we could be relying on favours from elsewhere. I agree that Gillingham will look to play as nastily as possible, and I could see us struggling to grind out a win. Hopefully we play a bit more intelligently and make a meal out of any nasty challenges to try nullify their anti football tactics. Pompey and Ipswich have a really easy run in (like us) whereas Blackpool have to play Sunderland twice and Doncaster, and Lincoln have Hull, Peterborough and Charlton to play. Charlton are playing well but have a ridiculous run in. If they continue their form though they could pull Ipswich and Lincoln down giving us the chance to overtake. It really is ridiculous how close the playoff battle is this season, so keep playing as we have been and even though we have less games and are outside the playoffs by 3 points, it's more than doable. Have a feeling it's between 4 teams for that last playoff spot (Us, Charlton, Lincoln, Blackpool) and Pompey and Ipswich will take the other two.

If Lincoln lose their next 3 games in a row (Having just won 4-0) AND we beat Gillingham, we’ll still be 1 point behind them...

74 points has to stay the aim, but I have a feeling we could be relying on favours from elsewhere. I agree that Gillingham will look to play as nastily as possible, and I could see us struggling to grind out a win. Hopefully we play a bit more intelligently and make a meal out of any nasty challenges to try nullify their anti football tactics. Pompey and Ipswich have a really easy run in (like us) whereas Blackpool have to play Sunderland twice and Doncaster, and Lincoln have Hull, Peterborough and Charlton to play. Charlton are playing well but have a ridiculous run in. If they continue their form though they could pull Ipswich and Lincoln down giving us the chance to overtake. It really is ridiculous how close the playoff battle is this season, so keep playing as we have been and even though we have less games and are outside the playoffs by 3 points, it's more than doable. Have a feeling it's between 4 teams for that last playoff spot (Us, Charlton, Lincoln, Blackpool) and Pompey and Ipswich will take the other two.

Anybody playing Donny have a very good likelihood of 3 points as they are awful and the players have pretty much given up according to the Donny fans comments I've read (and this is pretty unanimous).

Even though they have 71 points i`m really tempted to put Sunderland in the mix as well, 1 point in 3 and they have Blackpool(A), Hull(A), Accrington(H)
and Blackpool(H) in the next 4.

Lets just accumulate as many points as we can and what will be will be. Ifs and buts i know but if we had just started 25% better than we did we would of been a shoe in for the playoffs. No use crying over spilt milk though. We only have ourselves to blame. Its doable though. Like others have said just worry about ourselves. What others do is out of our hands. Win 5 out of 5 then we make it, win 4 and we probably will still make it. Less than that i think we will fall short. l'm starting to believe. Really tough game on Saturday cant think beyond that at the moment.

Shrewsbury away won't be easy
Highly likely Norburn will aim to get Sykes sent off there ....did anyone else notice there was a bit of fronting up between a shrews player & Sykes after the match as they were going of the pitch...ifollow cameras captured a few seconds of it then coverage ended

Back
Top Bottom