Matches How many points do you think we’ll get in last 15 games?

We’ll get 17 or 18. Finish about where we are. A managerial change would fix things instantly, but even KR will cobble together a winning XI out of our squad 4 times in 15 games.

There’s a reason we’re 33/1 to go down. We’ve got good players and once a month the manager plays a system that suits them.

If you do blocks of 5 game's, going on our last 5. It's 3 points

We’ll get 17 or 18. Finish about where we are. A managerial change would fix things instantly, but even KR will cobble together a winning XI out of our squad 4 times in 15 games.

There’s a reason we’re 33/1 to go down. We’ve got good players and once a month the manager plays a system that suits them.
Quite a funny synopsis but you could well be right
Mind you we were 80/1 to be relegated a few weeks back
I couldn't possibly say whether I thought it was worth a punt at the time....

We have stumbled 22 points from the last 16 games so if nothing changes then why should the points per game change....!
That would leave us finishing on 58 points, enough to stay up, not enough to secure Karl Robinsons job for another season....!
Based upon PPG in last 16 games that works out at 20 points, so making a total of 56. However, based upon the level of games we’ve got against teams in the top 10 (Plymouth, Sheffield Wed, Bolton, Derby, Barnsley, Peterborough), plus difficult away fixtures etc, I’m not sure how we’ll fair against these, but, however which way you look at it it’s not a foregone conclusion that we’ll achieve that same PPG ratio!!

Would 52 points be enough. We were last relegated with 49 points. And that was with only the bottom two going down. 😕

It will be, but we have to get there first, we really struggle to score and Robinson can't set up a team to keep a clean sheet as it doesn't fit with the nonsense idea he has about himself that his teams play good football, we have kept 3 clean sheets in 34 games (I think) thanks to the tactical genius, he has been found out finally and its going to be a long end to this season.

I really have a horrible feeling that we will still be desperate for points when we get to the last three or four games of the season

a few more than is required to avoid getting dragged in the relegation battle- but there may be once or twice when get precariously close to the cusp of the group fighting to avoid the drop before the seasons end- a flrt or two with the periphery of the drop dogfight perhaps , without getting dragged in

Last edited:
My prediction for this year is 46 to 48.
Out goal difference is excellent compared to the bottom teams.
I wouod be pretty confident that 48 will be enough . 50 maximum
only scored 2 in the last 5 league games though

need, as we have almost all season, took put away chances created- hopefully the drought will end soon - maybe starting tomorrow night

Bet against your own team, that’s dangerous, although t is a win win situation......?
If you bet on the other team and they win, you win money......
if you bet on the other team and Oxford United win the you are elated because we have won the game and got the 3 points
Or the game is a draw and you've lost your money and Oxford haven't won.

only scored 2 in the last 5 league games though

need, as we have almost all season, took put away chances created- hopefully the drought will end soon - maybe starting tomorrow night
GD is still only -2 though Sage
Most of the bottom 7 have a goal difference of -13 or worse. A very big difference

Well, I went for 16 points and that was with us getting a draw at Cambridge, so now down to 15, but have just done a review and now think it’s more like to be 10-13 points! Going to be close.

Given our history with Accrington, it feels ominous that we play them on the last game of the season.

Well by the looks of it we are are going into a relegation battle with a manager few want here now and who will be replaced in the summer, that spells success to me and won't go wrong at all.

With each poor performance/result, team morale, belief and hope drops, regardless of, or maybe because of what KR spouts about 'turning it around'. The concern for me is that once that mindset is reached then performances and thus results will worsen even further and we will then be truly in the relegation mire.
IF a new manager comes in he at least has new ideas and perhaps a workable formation and strategy, using the best (rather than favourite) players available to him. Players would be fighting for their future careers under a new man. I can't help but think that someone like MAPP (or similar) wouldn't stand for any nonsense and would (as he did previously) have the non-performers and show-ponies out of the door asap - long contract or not). For that of course he would require the full backing and reasonable finance from the board to make a 'top 30' target a reality rather than the current dream.

Looking at the fixture list, I think we have to have at least two more wins before the end of March, otherwise we're in deep trouble.

April is absolutely brutal, until the two relegation six pointers vs. FGR & Accrington to finish.
If we're on 43/44 points by April 1st, then we'll likely scrap a few more points in April and go to Nailsworth without too much pressure. But any less than that.......

Problem is that if we'd fired KR after Shrewsbury (as I think almost any other club in our situation would have done, if not before), they we'd likely have had a new permanent manager in place for this next stretch of winnable games. We're instead going into them with confidence at rock bottom, and a manager who's seemingly picking a team and formation at random every week.

Last edited:
In our last season in the top flight we didn’t win after November. Unless something pretty significant changes it’s hard to see us getting more than the odd point.

Back
Top Bottom