50 points.....

Sure BBC ox said that 52/53 points is usually the required number to stay up? Does that sound right?

In the last 10 years a team with 50points has been relegated only twice, once on goal difference. The average points tally of the highest relegated team is 47.7 (highest 50 lowest 43).
The team just beating the drop has had exactly 50 points 7 out of 10 years (48, 51, 52 on other years).

Worth noting even with our poor form since faz took over we have got 0.8ppg. If continued the same form that would give us another 9-10 points, or 51 to 52 points. So even at our (I'm hoping) rock bottom, we have a v.good chance of being safe.

Back in the dark days of 2006, 49 points weren't enough to avoid relegation from league two with only 2 sides going down. Please let's not leave it late

In the last 10 years a team with 50points has been relegated only twice, once on goal difference. The average points tally of the highest relegated team is 47.7 (highest 50 lowest 43).
The team just beating the drop has had exactly 50 points 7 out of 10 years (48, 51, 52 on other years).
Don't forget that we have a very good goal difference compared with most of the teams at the bottom as well.

I actually reckon that 48 points will be enough his season (but agree that we need to get 3 wins to make certain)

Don't forget that we have a very good goal difference compared with most of the teams at the bottom as well.

I actually reckon that 48 points will be enough his season (but agree that we need to get 3 wins to make certain)

We've got to play Wigan again yet....and a bit of a spanking could be on the cards last game of the season if Blackburn need a result. I sincerely hope we won't be relying on goal diff to stay up!!

We've got to play Wigan again yet....and a bit of a spanking could be on the cards last game of the season if Blackburn need a result. I sincerely hope we won't be relying on goal diff to stay up!!
Not suggesting for one minute that it will.
Just if we finish equal to Northampton for example we will finish above them (we have -2 GD they have -22). Regardless of Wigan and Blackburn we will finish with a better GD than Northampton.

Fleetwood have -11 and Wimbledon -12. That is a big difference compared to us.

As I said we need three wins and 50-52 (couple of draws) and we will be safe. In realty if you loom at the past 10 years 48 points is normally enough.

So we could be safe with 2 wins and a draw....

If teams continue their season long form Bury and Rochdale will be on 39 points and Wimbledon and Northampton on 49.

If teams complete their seasons at their current 5 game long form; Mk will be on 36, Rochdale 38, Fleetwood 39 and Wimbledon 46

Oxford finish on 56 and 51 respectively. More importantly only Blackpool and Oldham overtake us in the form scenario.

Beating Wimbledon Saturday would go a long way to helping with or survival or at least not losing to them. And who knows a win could start our final push towards the play offs with an unbeaten run!

Last edited:
Beating Wimbledon Saturday would go a long way to belong with or survival or at least not losing to them. And who knows a win could start our final push towards the play offs with an unbeaten run!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Well.

Bollox form Predictor...View attachment 265
How are Fleetwood picking up 18 points from their final 12 games when they've picked up something like 1 point in their last 6 games?

Wimbledon picking up 19 points out of their last 11 games, whilst Wigan will pick up the same points from 3 more games?

Who runs these predictions? Uncle Kip??

Rochdale have one of their games in hand 2night against Walsall .
I’m not really fussed how this match goes. I would hope that even if Rochdale win they’ll still have too much to do to catch us, where as a defeat for Walsall would mean they’re only two points ahead of us having played two games more, making them more than catchable

Back
Top Bottom