6/08/22 - L1: OUFC v Cambridge United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy looked very rusty to me, which is to be expected given how little he has played recently.
We are having to get players match sharp while the season is started, always takes a few games for every player to get really going but a few of ours are a bit behind that. While that happens and the team gels it’s vital we pick up points so today was a big win, don’t want to fall to far behind

Not a great team performance, but so happy for Tyler! Team needs to gel and hopefully there’s much more to come from individuals and the squad in general.

I’m confused about my ifollow - I have a monthly pass and last season I could listen live and then watch highlights when they went up. Today I’m locked out of the highlights?!!

So… anyone got a link to the Sky highlights yet?

Not a great team performance, but so happy for Tyler! Team needs to gel and hopefully there’s much more to come from individuals and the squad in general.

I’m confused about my ifollow - I have a monthly pass and last season I could listen live and then watch highlights when they went up. Today I’m locked out of the highlights?!!

So… anyone got a link to the Sky highlights yet?
Top tip for highlights, go to this page from around 6:30-7pm every Saturday for 3pm kick-offs: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football

The order is a bit random, but they appear online as soon as they're shown on the Sky Sports News highlights show.

I was at the game, and we were painfully quiet, that is a fact. You say it’s a two way thing, but for me I don’t get that. We should all do our bit at least and then we can moan if the players don’t do theirs
I'm into my 52nd full season since my dad allowed me from the relative safety of the Osler Rd and into the hot house of the then London Road with my school mates and I must agree with SLY that as of today we do seem to have gone very soft, quiet and incredibly mellow like as supporters.

I have had a ST in the NS for as long as they have allowed the home fans to share the experience and with it I have enjoyed having plenty of banter with the away support (even at my grand old age) but I shudder at the support that echoes if I can call it that from the east stand. I know about the acoustics but it is very painful full stop. Unfortunately, the sound that echoes from just thirty or forty east standers is poor and that in a stand that houses 2.5k. Myself personally I really think it is time for those thirty or forty hardy east standers to come and join the NS and try to create something from under this roof?

In comparison, if you go back a week to Derby you will have no doubt noticed that the Oxford fans were penned in both sides by Derby's more vocal support and it really worked by drowning out our support on the day. I do think by bringing over the more vocal support from the east stand to the NS this might just help the atmosphere at the k*ssam for hopefully the last last few seasons here. The banter would definitely improve and so would the atmosphere and from this the sit on the hands brigade in the east stand can then become as benign as they want to be until the day we leave the k*ssam.

Oh and on today's game I thought we looked very poor at times and the shirt looked very heavy for some. However, we laboured and huffed and the introduction of the subs definitely helped get us over the line and yes it took a near on nineteen year old's moment of youthful magic to take the three points. Now to the spoiler moment:- is he one of our own? POB states High Wycombe? Oh well let's just move the goalposts a few miles east and then he can become one of our own. A fantastic finish Tyler.

Now onto Tuesday....

COYY'S

Great to be up and running this season! A welcome clean sheet and three points and it's always special when an academy graduate scores the winner!

Top tip for highlights, go to this page from around 6:30-7pm every Saturday for 3pm kick-offs: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football

The order is a bit random, but they appear online as soon as they're shown on the Sky Sports News highlights show.
Thanks for the link. What I’m confused about is that I can’t watch the highlights on the OUFC ifollow page despite having a paid up subscription 🤔

Is it just me that finds watching our home goals as seen from the away end to be the most delicious viewing (that Luton one from 2009 is still my favourite ever).
Me too, think I must account for 25k views. And didn't that one begin with a Luton fan shrieking "come on Tyler" before the pen? Quite apt, given today's match winner 😄

Watching Goodrhm's goal again and the touch just before the shot was classy. Obviously the run and finish weren't bad either.

Thanks for the link. What I’m confused about is that I can’t watch the highlights on the OUFC ifollow page despite having a paid up subscription 🤔
I don't think the highlights appear on ifollow until the following day.

Watching Goodrhm's goal again and the touch just before the shot was classy. Obviously the run and finish weren't bad either.
I think he was fortunate getting through the two tackles, but his finish was excellent as he only really had one place to put it.

A damp squib of a game, with both teams looking generally poor and ineffective.

I really couldn’t see beyond a bore draw.

But hats off to KR for making the changes. I thought Bates immediately looked settled and boy oh boy he looks good. He did a great little run through the centre, amazingly quick feet and I felt it lifted the players for the remainder of the game. Really looking forward to seeing more of him.

As for Goodrham, wow, what a moment of brilliance from the young lad. Really pleased for him. He will dine out on that moment for years to come.

So was this just an under par performance and the fact that we managed to pull it out of the bag is a good Oman, or is this just where we are as a team at the moment, which will make for a very long and tough season?

Way too early to tell but it’s 3 points in the bag and we are off the mark with a home win and clean sheet. I’ll take that any day of the week.

The highlights are locked until the following day. Probably so that folk paySky to watch them on match day.

I think they doubled up on Murphy a lot of the time, making it very difficult for him to get properly involved. We should have made use of the space that produced, but didn't seem to manage it. He looked suddenly a lot better when switched to the left (perhaps because it mixed things up for the Cambridge defence?). I was suddenly a little disappointed he was taken off.

Cambridge were a very well organised side, controlled the tempo of the game well by little fouls nearly everytime one of our players ran by them. They will take points off of a few top sides this season .
Can understand why there first three matches have all been decided by a single goal .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom