FA Cup 3rd round draw

If you went at half time, you probably didn't get a ticket - many, many people bought a match ticket and just got in the queue for when the Arsenal tickets went on sale at full time.

You did - I was at the Exeter game with three friends, and we drew lots at halftime as to who had to miss the second half to go queue for Arsenal tickets.

After a 0-0 first half, my mate lost and went to stand outside in the rain, and was able to get four tickets no problem. The other three of us got to enjoy a cracking four goal second half, if I remember correctly (2-2?).

My main memories of the game at the library were Steve Basham having a perfectly good goal ruled out for offside after ~2 minutes, and then Bergkamp running the show after that.

How many games are shown? TV games will come from:
Manchester City v Chelsea
Tottenham v Portsmouth
Cardiff v Leeds
Oxford v Arsenal
Liverpool v Wolves
Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle
Manchester United v Everton

Almost guaranteed TV:
Manchester City v Chelsea
Liverpool v Wolves
Manchester United v Everton

That leaves:
Tottenham v Portsmouth, both former winners
Cardiff v Leeds, both former winners
Oxford v Arsenal
Sheffield Wednesday v Newcastle, both former winners

Might be better to not be on TV and remain at 3pm Saturday rather than a 12pm game.

The TV companies love showing potential cupsets in the third round, love games featuring the Big 6, and love games where the underdog is at home.

I'd say that we are at worst the fourth choice from that set of ties.

They'll obviously pick Man City vs. Chelsea first, then probably Man U vs. Everton (because of the law that every Man U cup tie has to be on TV).
Then maybe Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle (simply because Wednesday are more of a household name), then us.

I'd be genuinely shocked if we're not one of the six games chosen.

Tbf it’s no different to the constant ‘humorous’ comments about signing injured players in other threads and other KR related digs passed off as jokes.
But it wasn't a joke, robinson has signed injured players, in many instances in the past.

Tbf it’s no different to the constant ‘humorous’ comments about signing injured players in other threads and other KR related digs passed off as jokes.
I have to accept KR has at least tried to address some of the complaints about his management Steve but we can't pretend that everything in the garden was rosy
Hopefully the improvement continues - not just in the results on the pitch

Let's be honest, there were a couple of posters who, only a few weeks ago, were making a big thing of saying that they wouldn't attend as long a Robinson was in charge. Now they're ordering their half and half scarf and making a foil FA cup!

We're football fans and generally we're as fickle as f**k! On a transfer thread I mentioned Sam Smith, and someone replied to say never! But if he signed and banged the goals in that got us up to the playoffs then all would be forgiven for his previous goal celebrations.

But on the back of a crappy few months we're seeing a few improvements on the pitch and have a plum tie to look forward to in the FA Cup. I'm sure any slight digs at fans are with tongues firmly in cheek so I wouldn't take things too seriously and just enjoy the rollercoaster that is Oxford United.

Wouldn't you need planning permission to build a 2500 temp stand?
I‘d expect so and can’t recall the reasons why we didn’t do it last season, maybe the season before, someone else on here will remember I’m sure.

There's no way we get a temp stand for this game kassam wouldn't even let us have a tent in the car park for a P**s up so he's definitely not going to let us have a temp stand

Don't get all the excitement. Yes its a big name, but Ican't see them bringing any big names. They'll all be rested for this after the world cup. And any other big names they have will surely be rested for the league.

Off on mi holidays on the Sunday....be nice if it was before then....

Don't get all the excitement. Yes its a big name, but Ican't see them bringing any big names. They'll all be rested for this after the world cup. And any other big names they have will surely be rested for the league.

There will be a few names in there, always is. To be fair if we had played them a couple of years back the names on the pitch would of been the likes of Saka, Smith Rowe etc who you wouldn't of heard of at the time but obviously have now. The big six have squad players on ten times or more what we pay, so we are still big underdogs and they are still a massive name, its not like playing a down on their luck Sunderland, Sheffield Wednesday etc who haven't been any good since colour TV became a thing, its still one of footballs elite clubs.

How tin pot is talk of a temporary stand for one game!

I wouldn't say it's tinpot. But why should we accommodate the people who haven't turned up all season for a game? This is exactly the reason why you buy a season ticket or a membership so you are guaranteed a seat.

I would hope Jamie Brookes can be a guest of honour at this game and lead the two teams onto the pitch.

He would obviously get heaps of respect and applause from both sets of fans.

How many season ticket holders and members do we have combined? Seven thousand?

Whats the home attendance after away (might be more for FA Cup) and segregation is taken away? I suppose we will give the sponsors etc a few tickets extra as well.

I reckon we should prioritise people in Kidlington actually, get a few more votes.

The club must have a Database of who has attended this season.

At some of the Bigger clubs, you have to have attended a certain amount of games to get General sale tickets, no reason why Oufc cannot introduce that with the data at their disposal.

As i've already said, sell the 3 games as a package using the Database to prioritise after ST holders, Members etc.

It must never be forgotten that there are people that attend all / most games who don't have a season Ticket and these should be given opportunity before general sale.

As someone who is unable to attend at the moment, if i were to suddenly decide i can go, why should i have chance before / same time as those who attended previously.

The club messed up with the way ST were handled, whilst it could be seen as now an opportunity to cash in, do not forget those who walk up on the day on a regular basis.

Back
Top Bottom