FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

This is going to be one of those crap Sunday games isn’t it? Only Hartlepool and afc fylde who are non league left in it, not going to be shown live but on that live highlights show. Few extra quid for it I suppose.

On the Saturday, tenner a ticket, 5 for the oldies and kids, can’t grumble with that, hopefully be another big crowd

Well it really is a shite draw for us. A ground we've played at loads of times, probably a small crowd and virtually no chance of getting through, makes it a pretty miserable tie.

We'll probably take 500 or so, we usually have 200 odd at Southern aways in non league so there'll be a few extra with tickets at a tenner and the fact we don't get to the 3rd round much.

As for what to expect from us, we are a better side than our position suggests but we're horribly inconsistent. Can win by 4 or 5 away from home and then get done at home by someone like Maidenhead. Watch out for Gime Toure - very good ability and takes sides apart on his own but like the team, horribly hot and cold.

We're very slow at the back though so if you've got pace you'll worry us.

Last edited:
Well it really is a shite draw for us. A ground we've played at loads of times, probably a small crowd and virtually no chance of getting through, makes it a pretty miserable tie.

We'll probably take 500 or so, we usually have 200 odd at Southern aways in non league so there'll be a few extra with tickets at a tenner and the fact we don't get to the 3rd round much.

As for what to expect from us, we are a better side than our position suggests but we're horribly inconsistent. Can win by 4 or 5 away from home and then get done at home by someone like Maidenhead. Watch out for Gime Toure - very good ability and takes sides apart on his own but like the team, horribly hot and cold.

We're very slow at the back though so if you've got pace you'll worry us.
Fair do. Honest post and probably more true than not.
We should have a number of players back from injury by then so a strong squad to choose from.
500 would be a reasonable attendance for quite a few league 1 sides, no shame there!
Best of luck and safe journeys to all.

Fair do. Honest post and probably more true than not.
We should have a number of players back from injury by then so a strong squad to choose from.
500 would be a reasonable attendance for quite a few league 1 sides, no shame there!
Best of luck and safe journeys to all.

Yeah honestly speaking it's probably the worst draw we could've had. Wasn't so long ago we were in L1 and you non league so there's no glamour at all. You'll be happy with the draw as you should be beating non league cloggers but for us, having drawn Yeovil away (ended up going there twice in 3 days) then Exeter away and a replay, we then get this as a reward. Nothing against you lot but we've been shafted every round :D

Worst thing you can do is take us lightly as on our day we can play. We do get the ball down and are quite attack minded so at least it might be a good game. New manager Dave Challinor is doing decent work so far so who knows but I know if the roles were reversed, I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat Conference opposition.

Yeah honestly speaking it's probably the worst draw we could've had. Wasn't so long ago we were in L1 and you non league so there's no glamour at all. You'll be happy with the draw as you should be beating non league cloggers but for us, having drawn Yeovil away (ended up going there twice in 3 days) then Exeter away and a replay, we then get this as a reward. Nothing against you lot but we've been shafted every round :D

Worst thing you can do is take us lightly as on our day we can play. We do get the ball down and are quite attack minded so at least it might be a good game. New manager Dave Challinor is doing decent work so far so who knows but I know if the roles were reversed, I'd be disappointed if we didn't beat Conference opposition.

I will be disappointed if we don’t beat you, doesn’t mean we will, but how many of your players would get in our team? I watched enough conference football to know that the team we have would win your league. Still on the day who knows? You have more chance of beating us than we do Man City a week today at least.

Can’t blame you for not being excited, if the tables were turned and we had drawn you 11 years back I would of thought it was a crap draw, a hard draw that’s a trek away isn’t what you want as a reward for battling through to the 3rd round.

Not only that but it isn't on TV which would have been a nice cash bonus for both clubs.

Why are ST holders not got the opportunity to purchase tickets in their seats? Not happy about that.

Why are ST holders not got the opportunity to purchase tickets in their seats? Not happy about that.
A small crowd expected and parts of the ground closed I guess.
I assume that it us pretty easy to book tickets in your ST seat if not very close?

I assume that it us pretty easy to book tickets in your ST seat if not very close?
Job to get near mine in the north stand but I'm not bothered club have to keep costs in perspective to the anticipated crowd. I'm sure if we'd drawn Man U I'd have had the chance to sit in my ST seat.

It's only a minor grumble but, 1893 club seats are not available on line, again. So, not only are seats not reserved, they are not available to buy without calling the ticket office. No big deal but how difficult is it to get this sorted?

Yeovil away (twice) then Exeter away then us away???? My God, you've been cursed this season! That's got to be, what, 1000 miles? Glad we're at least closer for you, compared to the others!

'Fraid to say, if your style is to get it down and play passing, attacking football and you're slow at the back...….then you're in trouble......
We sometimes have difficulty against angry cloggers that harry us with a high press and play hoofball (especially if it's combined with a dose of time wasting and gamesmanship - see our game last week against Shrewsbury for a prime example).
But we're a damn good side this season, and since October, most teams that have tried to pass us off the pitch have gone home with a drubbing.

But good luck to yous - hope your non-league stay is a short one.

Back
Top Bottom