FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

I'm stupidly leaving the UK literally the day before the 3rd round is supposed to be played, so I'm selfishly hoping for an easy but undramatic and missable home draw (Fylde or Eastleigh, for example) to get us in to the 4th round where we get a big london club away.

Middlesborough at home might be fun, they're shite this year so we could reasonably expect to get some revenge for the best loss ever

Home draw please against a club who are struggling in their respective division and with poor away form.

It's going to be Sheffield United away, isn't it...a non-glamour tie that won't be on telly, won't make the big bucks and won't cause an upset.

It's going to be Sheffield United away, isn't it...a non-glamour tie that won't be on telly, won't make the big bucks and won't cause an upset.
Getting them at home would be fun though and could well be televised given the back story

• React
Reactions: MJB

How is a game against a club managed by our Lord and Saviour not glamorous?

Reading would be my preference ... or one of the remaining (plucky) non leaguers ... at the Breeze block

Any of the big prem clubs at home (perhaps not Man City as I will be bored of beating them by then), any of the London prem sides away will do me, plus a few of the better championship potential ties like Reading home or away, Fulham away (never been there and we haven’t played them in ages), Leeds at home etc. Failing that one of the worst sides at home in the hope of getting through.

Obviously not a team from league one away, doesn’t come any worse than that.

Went there when we had the Lord as our manager, that smile of his can lighten up the dourest northern slum.
I thought it was more of a grimace.... but even that can brighten up certain areas of Sheffield ( Im told) ;)

How is a game against a club managed by our Lord and Saviour not glamorous?

For anyone who went to one of the FA Cup matches with them when we drew them a few seasons back. I know that FA Cup attendances tend to dip, but there was less than 8000 at their place back in 2013 for our FAC match there. Pfffttt. The Blades are a pseudo-big club.

As mentioned in the match day thread, we're fighting on four fronts still. Whilst exciting, there's a bigger picture here and focus could and should switch at some point. I expect us to bow out against Citeh in the LC and I'd take the payday now for Round 3 with a PL side away. Spurs, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea - any of those, take the money, exit with credit and free up the calendar for League games (and play the Rob Hall's and Dan Agyei's in the EFL Trophy until it looks like Wembley is in sight).

For anyone who went to one of the FA Cup matches with them when we drew them a few seasons back. I know that FA Cup attendances tend to dip, but there was less than 8000 at their place back in 2013 for our FAC match there. Pfffttt. The Blades are a pseudo-big club.

As mentioned in the match day thread, we're fighting on four fronts still. Whilst exciting, there's a bigger picture here and focus could and should switch at some point. I expect us to bow out against Citeh in the LC and I'd take the payday now for Round 3 with a PL side away. Spurs, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea - any of those, take the money, exit with credit and free up the calendar for League games (and play the Rob Hall's and Dan Agyei's in the EFL Trophy until it looks like Wembley is in sight).

Five .... lets not forget the Oxford Senior Cup ;)

Back
Top Bottom