FA Youth Cup 3rd Round

harringtonsghost

Just realised that I am going to be in Burnley on the day of the U-18s cup match (11 Dec) so I have arranged to stay over and watch the game. According to the Burnley website it's a 7pm kick-off and entry is £2 (£4 for whipper-snappers). Might find myself as a crowd of 1 but definitely looking forward to it!

mooro

You'll enjoy it - and (given the chance) play quite a sophisticated style of football, so there's very hope of a decent game

harringtonsghost

Just picked up my ticket. They are expecting to sell 'about 300'. They seem to be taking this game pretty seriously, even going to cover it on their main twitter feed. And they are very confident they are going to win.

Sarge

2018-19 shirt sponsor for Jamie Hanson
Just picked up my ticket. They are expecting to sell 'about 300'. They seem to be taking this game pretty seriously, even going to cover it on their main twitter feed. And they are very confident they are going to win.
Complacency setting in? Come on you young oxen

Dubai Yellow

Despite the early set back, it would seem we are dominating possession and playing some great stuff. The better team by all accounts on the radio commentary.

harringtonsghost

Getting much more of the ball now but the short corners are poor. Their No 11 is flying past Sandford but not much of a threat from the others.

harringtonsghost

HT 1-0. Still in it. Some thoughts - Nico Jones is HUGE but a bit slow for this level. Elechi is everywhere could be another Baptiste. James and Spasov look class but Lopez doesn't look fit. McCreadie gave the ball away a lot to start with but got much better and ran the last 15 minutes. Chambers-Parillon completely anonymous. And I didn't know we had two blonde lady physios with ponytails.

Last edited:

Marked Ox

Credit to the radio coverage which is decent but the main commentator does talk in a staccato and dramatic way.

Top Bottom