Current Player #3 Ciaron Brown

I think Karl should have more internal conversations. It’s the ones that are out loud that do my head in.
His ego won't allow him that luxury. He has to make sure that everyone knows what a wonderful, caring and responsive chap they have as a manager.

Oh look, another thread that has turned into one about Karl Robinson.

It always surprises me that the name of the player is allowed to be mentioned before a verdict has been made. Let’s hope it is just rubbish but for the betting company to contact the FA would suggest there is some substance behind it.

Oh look, another thread that has turned into one about Karl Robinson.

It always surprises me that the name of the player is allowed to be mentioned before a verdict has been made. Let’s hope it is just rubbish but for the betting company to contact the FA would suggest there is some substance behind it.
Really boring isn't it?
We can avoid the KR out thread but when people feel the need to mention him on every thread going.....

Have a read through the Isaac decision. Match was November 2021, charged August 2022, decision October 2022.

Hopefully it is just punters spotting a good value bet in this case.

Thanks Mark, that is really interesting to read. It just goes to show there is no hiding place.

From the sound of it it is punters spotting a good value bet due to a recommendation in a leading sports magazine rather than some mates setting it up like the Isaac case but you never be sure until the facts are checked.

But it does seem the FA have already made some decisions on it:

FA: Mr Coote did you deliberately book Mr Brown the other night due to being told to do so as a betting scam?
Mr C: Definitely not, that is cheating.
FA: Good, you are in the clear. Take the game Fulham v Chelsea and carry on doing your wonderful job. Well done.

FA: Mr Brown did you deliberately get booked the other night due to being told to do so as a betting scam?
Mr B: Definitely not, that is cheating.
FA: That sounds well dodgy. You are still under investigation.

The Isaac case is an interesting one as well, because the case report shows that the suspicious betting activity was identified as a result of the bookmakers facing a decent sized pay out from some unusual betting patterns. However those same bookmakers were completely silent when Isaac was placing bets in his own name on football events, the bookmakers would have known this was illegal and chose to turn a blind eye for years because Isaac was a losing customer and they were taking his money. The game would be much cleaner sooner if the bookmakers did their job properly.

Thanks Mark, that is really interesting to read. It just goes to show there is no hiding place.

From the sound of it it is punters spotting a good value bet due to a recommendation in a leading sports magazine rather than some mates setting it up like the Isaac case but you never be sure until the facts are checked.

But it does seem the FA have already made some decisions on it:

FA: Mr Coote did you deliberately book Mr Brown the other night due to being told to do so as a betting scam?
Mr C: Definitely not, that is cheating.
FA: Good, you are in the clear. Take the game Fulham v Chelsea and carry on doing your wonderful job. Well done.

FA: Mr Brown did you deliberately get booked the other night due to being told to do so as a betting scam?
Mr B: Definitely not, that is cheating.
FA: That sounds well dodgy. You are still under investigation.

The Isaac case is an interesting one as well, because the case report shows that the suspicious betting activity was identified as a result of the bookmakers facing a decent sized pay out from some unusual betting patterns. However those same bookmakers were completely silent when Isaac was placing bets in his own name on football events, the bookmakers would have known this was illegal and chose to turn a blind eye for years because Isaac was a losing customer and they were taking his money. The game would be much cleaner sooner if the bookmakers did their job properly.
One of the interesting bits to me was the data analysis of the bets clearly showing unusual betting patterns on the "to be carded" market, with most of the money on KI, and in unusually large size bets and on a market the three punters wouldn't normally bet. Though there was one other bet of £465 on a different player to be booked.
I wonder whether there is any co-operation between bookmakers and the FA to enable the bookmakers to "ban" footballers from betting. Neither of these cases seem to suggest that the footballer themselves placed the bets on the "fixed" result.

What actually happened with this in the end??
All bets are off etc etc.

No idea to be honest - would hope that the club would provide a very short update if it had gone away, just to draw a line under it. Hopefully it gets to that stage...

Was told last Friday that they took Ciaron’s phone for 7 days to go through & will make any decision on evidence gathered at the end of the season.

Depends if the FA have fount anything.
I am amazed that this didn't happen ages ago and that this isn't concluded by now

called up for NI games in Euro 2024 vs San Marino and Finland

Back
Top Bottom