Ex Player Peter Rhoades-Brown (BBC Radio Oxford)

How about going to the games and watch for yourself...dont have to listen to the radio then...iplayer should be scrapped...

Can't dislike Rosie, lovely guy but probably not suited to Radio Ox when he's a club employee. He's obviously very close with the management and playing staff, as well as their families. Not much of an issue when we're flying high but when there's things going wrong he'll always paint a positive picture and protect them at all costs.

Totally understandable given his position but can be a little frustrating when you're watching some proper turgid performance, haven't won in x amount of games and you're hearing how everything is fabulous on commentary.

My issue is with Jerome. Top bloke who really cares about Oxford but he waffles on and if just listening to the radio you often have no idea where the ball is and what is actually happening. It becomes more apparent when watching the game. Good broadcaster, poor commentator In my opinion

My issue is with Jerome. Top bloke who really cares about Oxford but he waffles on and if just listening to the radio you often have no idea where the ball is and what is actually happening. It becomes more apparent when watching the game. Good broadcaster, poor commentator In my opinion
Nathan can be guilty of this as well, but when you listen to other BBC local stations and their commentators, Radio Oxford is miles ahead.

Is he wrong about the atmosphere then? :unsure:
If he thinks that about the fans & atmosphere, he's a club employee, why don't he do something about it ?? Maybe help the ultras/ fanatics out. surly he can organise some flags banners donated by the club ...

I think radio ox is on the whole fantastic. It’s how I get to maintain a connection to the club when I have to go out with the family. Rosie is dreadful but the rest are by a country mile better than most local radio football broadcasts.

Radio Oxford is a huge plus for the club and long May it continue…

its not jsut insight into the match itsekf, but he could also more insight into other things going on at the club but we get none of that either
I'm not sure I would expect that of a 'match day pundit' in his position. As a club employee, I wouldn't suppose his superiors would be that happy if he kept spilling the beans on live radio.

I think the Licence fee is far too low. I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to help the BBC and in particular Radio Oxford.

If he thinks that about the fans & atmosphere, he's a club employee, why don't he do something about it ?? Maybe help the ultras/ fanatics out. surly he can organise some flags banners donated by the club ...
Why should he?, it's down to fans to create an atmosphere, if the support needs to be helped to create an atmosphere then all is lost within modern football. :oops:

Think Rosie played for Marlow when they beat United in the FA Cup. Think he was on the U's payroll at the time. Did not sit well with the fans.....obviously. Same might pertain with him being on Radox.

Think Rosie played for Marlow when they beat United in the FA Cup. Think he was on the U's payroll at the time. Did not sit well with the fans.....obviously. Same might pertain with him being on Radox.
There was little comeback or anger from the fans towards Rosie for that result. Les Phillips was at Marlow as well.

I agree. We should also turn off all streaming services and everybody should go out to Our Price and Virgin Megastore to buy records if they want to listen to music so badly.
I agree, streaming is killing music.

Thing is most fans PRB wants to liven up are not listening to radio ox, they are at the match. I stick my ear pods in occasionally during the game but I think I'm a small minority.

Why should he?, it's down to fans to create an atmosphere, if the support needs to be helped to create an atmosphere then all is lost within modern football. :oops:
Modern football to me ,has been a bit lost in lots of aspects. As for me I am100% in the sing your hearts out for the lads.
I'm in my sixties & still love a good old sing song. Always have always will, I'm old school. I'm referring to the modern fans of Oxford,. About atmosphere. Singing costs nothing, flags & banners & what not do. We as a whole put a lot of money into the, club.So why can't the club just give a little something back to us, as a Thankyou. Seeing as we're a big budget, wanna be a top 30 club 🤔

Back
Top Bottom