General Whyte and Brown

(Gavin and Ciaran)
Out of contract at Cardiff in the Summer.
Reading that article, sounds like Cardiff are in a bit of trouble, 3 court cases which could cost up to £40M coming up. There is bonkers money in The Championship, how some of these clubs continue to trade is staggering.

Would we want Gav back on a free? Still don't think he's quite the player he was before he went to Cardiff but I would definitely take him

Would we want Gav back on a free? Still don't think he's quite the player he was before he went to Cardiff but I would definitely take him
Depends on where we find ourselves next season I guess.

I have a feeling Cardiff will try tie Gavin down as their lawsuit issues mean that new signings for fees will be unlikely and he's doing pretty well this season, albeit not hit the helicopter heights of his first stint. If we go up I reckon we've got a really strong chance of getting him on a free, stay in L1 and that Championship second chance opportunity will probably be very tempting for him. I still wouldn't rule it out as clearly KR knows how to get the best out of him and maybe that'll sway his decision.

Brown has been solid but not spectacular in his appearances so far. I don't think he's going to be the next Dickie/Atkinson, but if we're in L1 next season I'd absolutely take him on a free. It might be nice to have some continuity with a CB for once and have a reliable player to rotate when we need to - and with a bit more gametime and experience I could see a McNally/Brown partnership turning into something really strong as both have great athleticism for CBs. Just tell KR he can also play as a winger to make sure he signs him.

1646321209602.png

Well apparently (thanks Google) the surname 'Yellow' is an Oxfordshire name, and they were 'Lords of the Manor'... so it would be very apt.

Back
Top Bottom