Ashley Smith-Brown

Can’t see Nelson being here. Will walk at the end of his contract!

The club has the option of an additional year, so his contract will expire at the end of the 2018/19 season.

Get rid, always been useless when I've seen him. Then again, so have most of the others.

I thought he was good against Peterborough and playing in a formation where he had no cover as we had no natural width. He is still fairly young and missed a lot of football through injury last year. I think he will improve under Robinson and has the potential to become a regular player next season.

Lost his man for the first goal and didn't really offer anything offensively. Ricardinho wasn't too much better, being at fault for their third. We'll probably need a new left back next season.

It was Dickie that lost his man

It was Dickie that lost his man
Watch the highlights again. When they are lining up before the corner, Smith Brown is most definitely picking up Naismith and he loses him which gives leaves him unchallenged for a tap-in. Dickie had already been beaten at the far post for the knock-back which led to the tap-in - he was never marking Naismith.

Watch the highlights again. When they are lining up before the corner, Smith Brown is most definitely picking up Naismith and he loses him which gives leaves him unchallenged for a tap-in. Dickie had already been beaten at the far post for the knock-back which led to the tap-in - he was never marking Naismith.
Dickie wasn't beaten he was fouled. Had 0 way of winning that ball once the Portsmouth player wrapped his arm round Dickies throat.

Dickie wasn't beaten he was fouled. Had 0 way of winning that ball once the Portsmouth player wrapped his arm round Dickies throat.
Agreed . .. I was being diplomatic;)

Even so, Naismith should not have been left to win the second ball and score unchallenged.

The referee really was gash, wasn't he?

All players will make mistakes. This is League 1 so there will be more mistakes although most may not result in goals. In Kane’s first game he failed to put a ball out which resulted in a goal. Ledson was also culpable for not tracking back. Was Dickie fouled or did he just get caught wrong side of his man? Eastwood has missed crosses, Mowatt and Ledson have missed penalties. They are all fallible. I still think that S-B will make it.

I thought you meant for the initial header.

Back
Top Bottom