Current Player #3 Ciaron Brown

Exactly this. The best and most successful gamblers identify best value. I am often having to explain my own bets to people who just don't understand why I have put some money on something that the market considers a no hoper. When I explain I do my homework, I study it, I consider all the circumstances including the opposition, etc, if I then conclude that the price should be 8-1 but it is offered at 25-1 then I bet. If it is 8-1 I don't bet. Even if it wins at 8-1 and I don't collect it doesn't upset me at all because it has run to my expectations and whilst it would have brought a financial return by backing it even at the constricted odds offered, it wasn't good value and was higher risk than backing an Evens favourite somewhere. When it wins at 25-1 it can become quite lucrative, but you also have to accept that this type of bet can easily lose 24 out of 25 times too so when this happens you just break even at level stakes. The trick to good gambling is to find 3 or 4 out of 25 of these 25-1 overpriced value bets and then you are quids in at relatively low stakes. But it's no good relying on luck it needs dedication, hard work, study, and time to do this properly something I commit to do to make it long term profitable even if there are some months that are very lean. I do leave football well alone though because there are too many variables, too many subjective opinions, too many mistakes, and too many cheats in the game.

With regard this football match if all you are doing is following a recommended bet from a well renowned historic gambling site such as Sporting Life and enough people doing this triggers a suspicious betting investigation then there would be a horse racing investigation every day and the people who have bet on horses recommended by Hugh Taylor would be banned. If the recommendation was actually as a result of information from a very close source then there is a problem. Truth will definitely come out on this as there is no hiding place for these sort of things nowadays. At the moment it feels like our club's name is being dragged through the mud a bit though and is not something we want to be associated with and hopefully we aren't and neither is Ciaron. This should be concluded relatively quickly I would have thought.
Have a read through the Isaac decision. Match was November 2021, charged August 2022, decision October 2022.

Hopefully it is just punters spotting a good value bet in this case.

The chap who tweeted it and went viral, is an Arsenal fan. Not that makes much difference but it all does seem rather odd and meanwhile, Ciaron Brown is having his name dragged through the gutter.

You'd think that anyone trying to pull off some sort of organised betting coup would (a) be a little circumspect with those who he involved and (b) not be broadcasting it over social media beforehand.

With regard to players deliberately getting booked, it has gone on since the advent of totting up suspensions. I recall one of our strikers getting booked in the 89th minute for kicking the ball away, so he would miss our next "easy" game and thus guarantee he would be available for a more important match the following week. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was (there are several likely candidates tbh), but the RadOx commentary at the time went something like "and there's the most anticipated booking of the evening, <name> has finally managed to get himself in the referee's notebook. You could have put your house on that" - not that I'm suggesting anyone benefitted financially from that scenario.

You'd think that anyone trying to pull off some sort of organised betting coup would (a) be a little circumspect with those who he involved and (b) not be broadcasting it over social media beforehand.

With regard to players deliberately getting booked, it has gone on since the advent of totting up suspensions. I recall one of our strikers getting booked in the 89th minute for kicking the ball away, so he would miss our next "easy" game and thus guarantee he would be available for a more important match the following week. I cannot for the life of me remember who it was (there are several likely candidates tbh), but the RadOx commentary at the time went something like "and there's the most anticipated booking of the evening, <name> has finally managed to get himself in the referee's notebook. You could have put your house on that" - not that I'm suggesting anyone benefitted financially from that scenario.
Beckham did it for England as well didn't he?

My gut feeling is that this is a load of dross that has spread like mad on social media after a few claims by teenagers.

If we look at how quickly a picture of an iffy burger can go round and get so much attention, not a lot surprises me anymore!

My gut feeling is that this is a load of dross that has spread like mad on social media after a few claims by teenagers.

If we look at how quickly a picture of an iffy burger can go round and get so much attention, not a lot surprises me anymore!

Totally agree. The bookies got the odds wrong as they know little about the lower leagues. Don't forget it was possible to place a bet with Ladbrokes for Winnall and Agyei to score anytime against Arsenal.

It's not unreasonable for a league one centre back playing out of position at left back to get booked against Premier League opponents afterall.

Should ban bets on bookings, more trouble than its worth and only ends up benefitting the gambling companies.

Imagine If CB wasn't the instigator of this, but heard beforehand from his mates that "you're good odds to get booked against Arsenal, we'll probably lump on it, good luck tonight!". There's no way you can possibly play your normal game without worrying about the consequences of your actions.

It's different with goal scoring bets because that is the point of your game (unless you're a defender that could let someone slip past you to make that bet work), but any negative action bets should be eliminated.

Iam concerned for Karl to mention the mental health side is worrying. Brown knows it would be a very long ban .Let's hope there is nothing in it.

Iam concerned for Karl to mention the mental health side is worrying. Brown knows it would be a very long ban .Let's hope there is nothing in it.
That is most probably KR responding to a question from an OM reporter. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Back
Top Bottom