Current Player #3 Ciaron Brown

While I appreciate you trying to tell me what I think Baldy, I do agree with him that the player will benefit from training with other players, some better than what he will train with at club level.
I also agree that teams will need to train and play together before a tournament just as club teams need to have a pre season.
That doesn’t mean that I like the international friendlies nor do I enjoy watching them when they are on as I tend to find them very boring affairs. I also can still be annoyed when I see that a player that has gone on international for 2 friendlies and not got 1 kick.

It’s called seeing both sides of the argument because life isn’t so black or white.

That's fair enough.

Cycling, F1, NFL, Basketball, Angling, Snooker, loads of Olympic sports are very boring.

Let me know if you need more ....

Some of those (fishing, cycling, sailing from the Olympics) may be as boring as golf, but none are more boring. Some sports are just not spectator sports, especially on tv.

Some of those (fishing, cycling, sailing from the Olympics) may be as boring as golf, but none are more boring. Some sports are just not spectator sports, especially on tv.

I'm not the greatest fan of non-ball sports. I know some I mention have balls (a lot of them in snooker!) but in general not. I mean cycling is as dull as anything, F1 not much better, basketball too repetitive taking it in turns to 'score', fishing is just ridiculous to be classified as sport. Squash is a good sport to play and watch. I think TV covers golf pretty well, I'll watch it occasionally (the big tournaments). I used to love cricket but lost interest that now it's become less traditional and more Americanized.

One isn't a sport, it is a pub game like Darts.

Well, you don't agree with him at all. Your view is the opposite.

*BREAKING NEWS* - It is ok to have your own opinion on this forum! Try it! Nothing to be frightened of!
You have a lot of spare time on your hands.Have you retired?

At least there's (next to) no risk of injury.

I'd rather Gregly hadn't played last time he was on international duty.

It wasn't good for Ciaron Brown to travel around Europe and not get any minutes.

It was probably good for the club as a whole though, as we otherwise might have had to play Lincoln last Saturday, fresh off the back of winning their last three games 5-1, 6-0 & 5-0. Chance they will have cooled down by the time the rearranged fixture comes around.
(Tyler didn't get called up by Ireland U21s this time did he? So Stevens, Leigh & Brown were the three that led to the call off. Though I don't know how many call-ups Lincoln had.....)

So cheers Ciaron for taking that one for the team!

Only trouble is golf keeps golfers out of pubs, they even have their own clubhouses, think I prefer them living under segregation.

Set them up in the Golf clubhouses maintaining the segregation. Put housing or have a nature reserve on the actual Golf course. Everybody is a winner.

Are you a boring middle aged man who dresses like they are on an episode of Saint and Greavsies 80s quiz show sporting triangles? If you have answered yes to all of that chances are you enjoy the worlds most dull sport Golf.
Golf is a great game. Though a bit difficult for some....

Back
Top Bottom