Ex Player Peter Rhoades-Brown (BBC Radio Oxford)

Our atmosphere at home games is pants take last night for example we're winning 2-0 and it's quiet people moan then don't want a drum people moan about the Kassam I generally think people are lazy they expect someone else to sing I should imagine it will be loud against arsenal tho

I think the Licence fee is far too low. I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to help the BBC and in particular Radio Oxford.
You have my full support. Selling your house is a damn fine idea and very generous - you do live in a proper house, don't you? Servant quarters, stable etc?

Yeah, feels terrible to say it given everything he's done for the club over the years - but he's consistently the weak link in the otherwise terrific RadOx team.
(OK, yes, Nick is a bumbling incompetent......but he's our bumbling incompetent, and he doesn't actually say very much these days).

You know what PRB's going to say at all times - he's going to be relentlessly positive about all the players, impossibly optmistic and will never offer even a piece of constructive criticism about an Oxford player. Sadly, it's just not very interesting to listen to.......
A bit hard on Nick, I know over the years we can laugh at some of his comments. But as we get older we can’t necessarily think as quick.

You have my full support. Selling your house is a damn fine idea and very generous - you do live in a proper house, don't you? Servant quarters, stable etc?

Absolutely! All of that .

I even once wrote to BBC’s Points of View offering to sell my house, ( see below) but they seemed to think I was jesting.

A bit hard on Nick, I know over the years we can laugh at some of his comments. But as we get older we can’t necessarily think as quick.

It's not just age though with Nick, is it? I remember making jokes 30 years ago about him mangling players' names and getting players mixed up.

He's never been a smooth or accurate commentator at any point in his career!

But despite that (and I've said this before on here), he's a club legend and home games on RadOx wouldn't be the same without him. For a distant exile, there is no better reminder of home than hearing 'and we are underrrrwaaaaay' in that broad Oxfordshire accent......

I might be a minority here, but I really appreciate the team ROX does to cover the matches. On one hand that’s easy, I’ve living in Singapore touching a decade. When 10-20 years old, even when living in Oxford/London & if couldn’t attend a match; the audio coverage was always good. Prior to that, only listen to away matches.

Pre match, post match, in car, on train, on foot in pub on loud speaker.
The colour commentators Rosie & Nick, have always been quite reasonable, entertaining at times & not too bias.

Rosie is a true gent & family man, once you know him.

Even when I watch 7/8 hours ahead on a Saturday, surrounding people sometimes ask what match? Due, to them being familiar with the international voice of Moto GP, Nick Harris.

Nathan & Jerome, excellent on how they conduct themselves with a mass amount of in our local league. Tend to not be particularly bias & incredible professional. Pity when they’ve been on Radio Live 5, they’ve toned down a bit.

Bearing in mind, they travel to almost every match. Have to set up, tidy down. Can’t get lit & have to eat clean too. I truly sault these guys.

Occasionally, when iPlayer audio isn’t functioning; I have listened to the other side. Sometime fair & nicely done. Other times, too bias & unprofessional.

Around 10 years ago, BBC Radio Oxford was nurturing a female commentator. Who was well & truly shot down on our old forum.

I might be a minority here, but I really appreciate the team ROX does to cover the matches. On one hand that’s easy, I’ve living in Singapore touching a decade. When 10-20 years old, even when living in Oxford/London & if couldn’t attend a match; the audio coverage was always good. Prior to that, only listen to away matches.

Pre match, post match, in car, on train, on foot in pub on loud speaker.
The colour commentators Rosie & Nick, have always been quite reasonable, entertaining at times & not too bias.

Rosie is a true gent & family man, once you know him.

Even when I watch 7/8 hours ahead on a Saturday, surrounding people sometimes ask what match? Due, to them being familiar with the international voice of Moto GP, Nick Harris.

Nathan & Jerome, excellent on how they conduct themselves with a mass amount of in our local league. Tend to not be particularly bias & incredible professional. Pity when they’ve been on Radio Live 5, they’ve toned down a bit.

Bearing in mind, they travel to almost every match. Have to set up, tidy down. Can’t get lit & have to eat clean too. I truly sault these guys.

Occasionally, when iPlayer audio isn’t functioning; I have listened to the other side. Sometime fair & nicely done. Other times, too bias & unprofessional.

Around 10 years ago, BBC Radio Oxford was nurturing a female commentator. Who was well & truly shot down on our old forum.
Who was commentating on the Women’s Euro final back in the summer and even a game on Amazon Prime,

She’s done really really well.

I agree. We should also turn off all streaming services and everybody should go out to Our Price and Virgin Megastore to buy records if they want to listen to music so badly.
oooh dear...wrong platform...sorry luveee.

Carrier pigeons are better. I can't say that's a fact as I've never eaten a whole postman, but I'm pretty sure.

PRB is much more honest when talking privately
Of course KR doesn't employ him directly but as we've all seen on numerous occasions he doesn't take kindly to criticism
Commentating on RO and working for OUFC at the same time and commentating live at games in reality is a conflict of interest. RO shouldn't be employing him, OU shouldn't really be allowing it. PRB shouldn't be doing it. He will never say anything negative on radio against his employer, we understand that.
The fact he is not very good at it should be the reason to end this unprofessional relationship.

Yes it's wrong it's not fair on him or the other commentators. People should feel free to make a balanced report that certainly is not happening with him.

Back
Top Bottom