Current Player #3 Ciaron Brown

A young centre back along with Sam Long as back up to the main three . Moore, McNally and the big signing 🤞
Golding to go on loan for a season

If we are playing a back 3 then he would be okay back up for our new pacy higher quality left footed centre back.

Only as a back-up CD in a back 3; He is too slow to be a LB.
Didn't he get skinned for one of the Kosovo
Started as lch of 3 then went lb in a 4
Got dragged out a bit for their 3rd.
But it was mcmenimin who got caught wrong side of his man, who crossed.

If KR has learnt anything going into next season we can’t rely on being short in defence yet again, no back up to Ruffels for couple of years & same with Seddon both had big dips in form over the last couple seasons but no back up plan, Ciaron Brown played the last 5 games at left back in the end & did a pretty good job to be fair

If we are going to play a back 5 then we need McNally Moore & a New LCB as our 1st choice then both Long & Brown as cover for both CB & RB/LB then have 4 wingbacks Williams & Forde at RWB then Seddon + 1st choice LWB

He was fine for us as an emergency back-up but if we are really going for it, we need better and I don't think he'd want to come here as a back-up, he needs games even if that's at L2 level.

He was fine for us as an emergency back-up but if we are really going for it, we need better and I don't think he'd want to come here as a back-up, he needs games even if that's at L2 level.
I think he’d be a good squad signing but agree that he might be better off as the main man somewhere a bit smaller

I agree that we need better for a starting XI but I wouldn't be disappointed with him in the squad. Thought he looked pretty comfortable at both centre back and left back, and he had a really good attitude. He'd probably get a better offer and more game time elsewhere but he settled in well here, and we do have a good reputation for looking after players.

I wouldn't be gutted if he signed, unless of course we didn't sign anyone else!

I can see Brown being useful in a back three. He’s far from a bad player.

The flip side to me is why assemble more or less the same squad that wasn’t good enough to make the playoffs last season and expect a different result? We’ve tied down some reliable performers and need to balance that with alternative talent with different skill sets in the squad. Brown is fine but good enough to be firing us into the top two?

Also, you’re likely to lose him from time to time to Northern Ireland duties. Whilst I enjoy the pride of seeing our players turn out on the international stage, at our level this can lead to games piling up elsewhere. I’d rather get games played on a regular basis than the missed Saturdays that teams in League 1 with international players occasionally experience.

As Ciaron was only ever signed due to the agreed targets changing their alligence late in the day, I'd be surprised if he were on our radar as a starting player, but he did do enough to show that he could be a good acquisition in the squad

Back
Top Bottom