Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
With CB out we definitely need Mous back in dm role with Gorrin pushing forward we looked leaderless towards the end of the match. I think we also need Sykes energy

Few more 'last 16 ' matches being played this evening
Obviously after the matches have finished. Seems a bit of an odd time 830am will anybody be watching apart from us and colchester!

Obviously after the matches have finished. Seems a bit of an odd time 830am will anybody be watching apart from us and colchester!
Is it, the draw in another supermarket?....I still much prefer the old fashion cup draws around middayish broadcast on radio .....suppose radox doing a live broadcast is halfway there/that, 8.45am though?- anyone know EFL reason for that time of day for a cup draw ?

Is it, the draw in another supermarket?....I still much prefer the old fashion cup draws around middayish broadcast on radio .....suppose radox doing a live broadcast is halfway there/that, 8.45am though?- anyone know EFL reason for that time of day for a cup draw ?
It is approx 8:45am tomorrow in Zoe Ball’s programme on BBC Radio 2.

Having just warched the highlights though I was at the match I think people are being a bit harsh about Baptiste I know there was a poor pass and an air shot after some sublime work but he was also at the heart of most of our best moments. I didnt realise what a great goal Robbies was. He is surely better used as an impact sub at the moment?

It’s a pity no independent can actually witness the draw as to show it isn’t fixed

Sunderland also loaded the middle of the pitch which could have made it just as difficult for Brannagan to have the impact he usually has.

Most of the attacking from Sunderland was through long balls down the middle, which were dealt with easily, on long balls into the channels, which only really worked once Hall was knackered and Long was overloaded.
Our attacking football came as a result of quick breaks or little intricate balls through the middle.

But 90% of the play was pinging about the middle of the pitch with little danger. Baptiste, Gorrin and Henry all battled fairly well without enjoying much freedom, and Matty Taylor also dropped deep to help out. It may not have been pretty to watch, but it was fairly effective for 60-70 mins. Substitutions would have helped but it's all a bit immaterial now.

According to a Daily Express article on 24 Sep 2019, prize money in the Carabao Cup is only awarded from the semi finals onwards. Losing semi finalists get £25,000 each, losing finalists £50,000 and winners £100,000.

Get more than that for a draw in the b team paint pot group stage, f**k it let’s prioritise that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom