Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it shouldn't be but that is disappointing. I reckon Bazzer is right as Man Utd get Colchester at home. Just have to hope we get TV money as well.

Bah. Oh well, I suppose it'll be another full house which isn't to be sniffed at.

Having said that there wasn't a bad draw, I now find myself a bit underwhelmed by this! Which is a bit daft I suppose since we are playing at home to one of the best two teams in the country, but I thought our last game against them was a bit of a damp squib, with us quite obviously setting out with the intention of not losing by too many. I hope we are a bit more adventurous this time.

Still, should be another full house and hopefully some TV money.

Strangely, it is probably a more exciting draw for the players than the fans.

Not all of them were here last season and will get to take on (I suspect) a fairly strong Man City side.

Bah. Oh well, I suppose it'll be another full house which isn't to be sniffed at.
Ignore me. I was just underwhelmed because it's a repeat of last year. They are vulnerable at the back and can be hurt. If we have our strongest side fit and Karl plays them (Wycombe on Saturday so he might not), we can do this. COYY!!

Ignore me. I was just underwhelmed because it's a repeat of last year. They are vulnerable at the back and can be hurt. If we have our strongest side fit and Karl plays them (Wycombe on Saturday so he might not), we can do this. COYY!!
Definitely a disappointing draw basically because it’s a re run of last season. Imo anything else would have been better.

Well I'll never get those minutes back.

their arrogance was actually quite phenomenal and I don’t say that in the blase manner of a tribalistic fan. They come across as somewhat unable to process their predicament and surprisingly ignorant fir a fan base so often lauded as being “true fans”.

little heads up boys....nobody sees you as a big club. You never were. You just have a big stadium that was built for almost the same price as ours. There’s a difference between stadium size and club prestige.

also we’ve won a major trophy more recently than you ?

No it’s not but u bet at least a thousand in the home ends will be there for Man City rather than us but as you say more money for the club.

The money we make from this cup run...........................can we put some of it towards buying Cadden?

Wow!

What an amazing night, great atmosphere, and great result!

The way the whole stadium erupted when Easty saved the deciding pen was an incredible moment!

Not the best performance though, Baptiste had a shocker, great goal from Hall, who looks like he’s really starting to make some good progress now.

Dickie and Moore were excellent, winning everything in the air, and the full backs worked their socks off, but we really did miss Brannagan and Cadden, and it was very obvious they were missing.

Sunderland were a tough nut to crack, but we really dug deep, stuck together, on the pitch and in the stands, and got the job done!

Well done to Robbo and the lads!

On to Pompey!

COYY

Yep. I thought Hall was really good. He’s lost a bit of pace, but his ball skills and vision are right up there.

The money we make from this cup run...........................can we put some of it towards buying Cadden?
Not much money is this compilation, even the gates are share 45% each and little prize money.

Not much money is this compilation, even the gates are share 45% each and little prize money.
Not a huge amount but we could have made what £150k from the League Cup and hopefully £100k+ through the FA Cup.
If we budget little then in excess of £250k (plus hopefully generating more interest for league games coming up) could make a difference in signing players?

Not a huge amount but we could have made what £150k from the League Cup and hopefully £100k+ through the FA Cup.
If we budget little then in excess of £250k (plus hopefully generating more interest for league games coming up) could make a difference in signing players?
.... or retaining current players in January ?

Zaki talked very positively about it, he's right about the upping of the profile, can't ever remember ITV local news giving us so much coverage

If Cadden was available for this game does anyone think that we would have coped better with Sunnerlan?

I think Long was superb on the night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom