Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/10/19 League Cup OUFC v Sunderland +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldnt believe my eyes witnessing Oxford fans leaving before the penalty shootout...U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wow! Stop the world! We are in the quarter finals of the carabao cup.
Quite how we got there.... Well, who cares?
We were off the pace tonight and got away with one but, this is a massive, massive step forward for this club.
Tonight, we stuck it out and showed real heart.
Hall and Fosu were clearly spent by 65 minutes. Henry and Baptiste never got to grips with their midfield or the ball tonight. Taylor, unable to get into it. Gorrin worked hard but there were long periods where we looked like conceding.
For me though, Dickie, Moore and Long were immense tonight and when times were desperate, they were right there digging us out.
What an atmosphere here tonight and the penalty shootout in front of the east stand was just pure theatre.
To still go through after what was comfortably our worst performance of the season is absolutely bonkers but fantastic.
Credit to Karl and the whole team, we saw that you had to dig deep for that. Well done!
You forgot our Josh who was also immense.

Wow! Stop the world! We are in the quarter finals of the carabao cup.
Quite how we got there.... Well, who cares?
We were off the pace tonight and got away with one but, this is a massive, massive step forward for this club.
Tonight, we stuck it out and showed real heart.
Hall and Fosu were clearly spent by 65 minutes. Henry and Baptiste never got to grips with their midfield or the ball tonight. Taylor, unable to get into it. Gorrin worked hard but there were long periods where we looked like conceding.
For me though, Dickie, Moore and Long were immense tonight and when times were desperate, they were right there digging us out.
What an atmosphere here tonight and the penalty shootout in front of the east stand was just pure theatre.
To still go through after what was comfortably our worst performance of the season is absolutely bonkers but fantastic.
Credit to Karl and the whole team, we saw that you had to dig deep for that. Well done!
Agree with most of that but it wasn't our worst performance of the season. Fleetwood away was much worse!!

Thought we were the better side but Sunderland created the clearer chances.

Thought Sunderland were fairly average long ball merchants to be honest. Their fans were awfully quiet too.

Agree with others that we needed to bring on some fresh legs earlier, but with our injuries we are lacking where we needed freshening up tonight.

Shows character to grind out a result when not at our best. Thought our fans were terrific.

Wanted to go to to the club shop to spend some money on club merchandise but the fence is up behind the north stand. Despite being on my own I was refused entry past it, I can understand groups of lads but someone on their own is pathetic. I seen them send Sunderland fans and their kids back around the long way too, fuckin ridiculous !

I think you misspelt “moan about the club merchandise” as “spend money on ...”

I don't see what the big deal is. It was most probably a bit of business where they got paid which is fine. Sunderland were originally gonna use Whitelands in Bicester.
I don’t want any team we are playing to have a lovely time, especially if it involves using a facility that we helped to fund. Sorry, but that isn’t weird. We’re playing to beat them, and while they have to train somewhere, there were plenty of options on the way down besides one that we assisted with. They could’ve trained anywhere else, and I think it’s bit crap that our dear neighbours may have helped them out, especially given the goodwill we have always shown them.

No one is saying burn down their ground, but it’s not weird to hear it and go “Hmmm, bit crap of them, that”. It just isn’t weird at all.

I don’t want any team we are playing to have a lovely time, especially if it involves using a facility that we helped to fund. Sorry, but that isn’t weird. We’re playing to beat them, and while they have to train somewhere, there were plenty of options on the way down besides one that we assisted with. They could’ve trained anywhere else, and I think it’s bit crap that our dear neighbours may have helped them out, especially given the goodwill we have always shown them.

No one is saying burn down their ground, but it’s not weird to hear it and go “Hmmm, bit crap of them, that”. It just isn’t weird at all.
Did we help fund it or did Darryl Eales? Either way I've got no issue with it. It's business. They are a business and renting out that 3g pitch is part of that business. In addition, I would rather beat a team who have trained like they want too than beat a team we have stopped from training.

Thought we were the better side but Sunderland created the clearer chances.

Thought Sunderland were fairly average long ball merchants to be honest. Their fans were awfully quiet too.

Agree with others that we needed to bring on some fresh legs earlier, but with our injuries we are lacking where we needed freshening up tonight.

Shows character to grind out a result when not at our best. Thought our fans were terrific.

I agree, I too thought we were the better side over the whole game. They had a good ten minutes at the start, a good 5-10 minutes just before the break and a strong last 15 minutes but at all other times I felt we were in complete control. Their keeper made a couple of fantastic saves to keep it at 1-0, now my memory is not what it once was but did Eastwood make a real save of note in normal time ?

Weird is too kind.

Was a condition of Daryl eales investment that they couldn't allow any of our opponents to hire the facility? No, because that would be a shitty thing to do.

If sunderland could have trained anywhere, it makes no sense to in the same breath have a problem with them training somewhere.

When you say “we helped to fund”
I think it was a partnership between Ensco and Ox City. Which when Ensco owned OUFC didn’t make much difference. I think in order to get rid of any conflicts of interest in buying Solihull Moors, that Eales then sold his half of the cost back to City and there was a city press release saying it was over a long period and on favourable terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom