Away Match Day Thread +++ 29/08/2020 Friendly Brentford v OUFC+++

I don’t think I follow had the carabao cup last season. There weren’t any highlights of the West Ham game
Think you may be mistaken about the West Ham game. I wasn't able to watch that one live, but fairly certain I was able to watch the "Match Broadcast" on iFollow afterwards, because I was with my uncle, who is a Hammer.

Whoever this 'Atkinson' tweeter is, he/she would be well advised not to compare their boy with Dickie for a while yet - it makes him a real hostage to fortune, apart from being rather childish and disrespectful. Unless of course they are going to post videos with 'Dickie would never have' each time Atkinson makes a cock up of course!

Whoever this 'Atkinson' tweeter is, he/she would be well advised not to compare their boy with Dickie for a while yet - it makes him a real hostage to fortune, apart from being rather childish and disrespectful. Unless of course they are going to post videos with 'Dickie would never have' each time Atkinson makes a cock up of course!
It's all a bit of fun mate. This thread is half-full of people saying how he's the perfect replacement for Dickie.

Atkinson is the next Dickie - and then some.

The important thing to remember is that Atkinson looks a real player, but he's young, he's rawand he'll make mistakes. As Robinson said in his post match interview yesterday, if some of our players had everything they wouldn't be playing in league one. But give them confidence, coaching and the stability of playing alongside other good players and anything is possible. We also need to remember just how good Elliott Moore has been and that additional leadership and responsibility from Dickie leaving could be the making of him and the next stage of his development. Good times ahead!!

On about 65/70 mins we definitely flicked a switch and there was instant improvement on the back of making changes. We became aggressive, and suddenly looked that bit stronger and faster than Brentford. We were picking up the second balls in midfield and we were moving the ball quickly.
Agree, and I don't think it's any accident that that period coincided with having a midfield three of Gorrin, Bran and MM for the first time in the game. Presumably it wasn't Brentford's first choice midfield by then, but it's promising that what will presumably be our favoured midfield three looks too good for the league above, let alone League One.

Rob Atkinson speaks well - this is he being interviewed whilst out on loan last winter.

Back
Top Bottom