Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/08/2020 Friendly OUFC v QPR+++

I was also very impressed with Osei Hall and Agyei when they came on .I think Agyei could be a really big player for us he has got great close control is strong and is quick and has got a good shot. The only player that wasnt quite at it was Gorrin who gave away a lot of possesion and was also badly at fault in the palace game. Hopefully just a blip

I was also very impressed with Osei Hall and Agyei when they came on .I think Agyei could be a really big player for us he has got great close control is strong and is quick and has got a good shot. The only player that wasnt quite at it was Gorrin who gave away a lot of possesion and was also badly at fault in the palace game. Hopefully just a blip
I would have liked to have seen more of Kelly instead of Gorrin, given the impact Kelly had at Wembley after he came on. Hall feels a bit like a new signing, he’s coming through pre season looking like the old Rob Hall; fitter and playing with renewed confidence and enthusiasm.

Looked a very good work-out. Shame to see Cooper go off so early; his defensive work suggested a very solid pairing with Josh on the left in prospect. Thought Agyei’s appearance was positive. As a player I like him anyway, but what will his position be? If he is able to develop his central play I think this could be very effective. Don’t like Gorrin playing further forward, don’t think it is his game. Hoping some of the younger players push their case otherwise again I think the squad will be too thin (although I thought that last year and look where we ended up).

Would like to see Brannagan keep the armband if Dickie is on his way. Reminds me very much of Stevie Gerrard, got exactly the same attitude in wanting to win no matter what the game being played, given the right backing from KR would also become a good leader on the pitch, something we are missing.

“Rob Atkinson is unbelievable in the air and that strengthens us in both boxes but there were some really good performances all round. I thought Marcus McGuane was a power house and he oozes power and pace and is a pleasure to watch. Cameron Brannagan did well, but they all did.''

Comments from KR.
Maybe Atkinson us seen as the replacement to Dickie with Mous as back up?

“Rob Atkinson is unbelievable in the air and that strengthens us in both boxes but there were some really good performances all round. I thought Marcus McGuane was a power house and he oozes power and pace and is a pleasure to watch. Cameron Brannagan did well, but they all did.''

Comments from KR.
Maybe Atkinson us seen as the replacement to Dickie with Mous as back up?
Ive a feeling Sam Long may provide cover across all the back four positions this campaign... he was/is a CB originally

Surprised we've not seen more of Nico Jones and the other u23s in these friendlies, even just having them around the squad more.
Yesterday would have been a aperfect opportunity for Jones to get a run out, particularly as Karl talked after about seeing what we had in-house.
Seems to have been a much clearer demarcation of the squads than in previous years. Is this a covid related issue or has Karl been listening to mellow yellow too much?

Surprised we've not seen more of Nico Jones and the other u23s in these friendlies, even just having them around the squad more.
Yesterday would have been a aperfect opportunity for Jones to get a run out, particularly as Karl talked after about seeing what we had in-house.
Seems to have been a much clearer demarcation of the squads than in previous years. Is this a covid related issue or has Karl been listening to mellow yellow too much?
I think if we had more of a pre-season they would have got a run out at some stage. But we had 5 games in a week. The priority has to be getting our first team match fit.

If the Banbury or Oxford City game came along at this point in pre-season, and not at the beginning, then I imagine we would have seen a couple of extra youngsters.

I reckon it is Covid related considering KR's willingness to use youth.

I like the seats.

At a glance it makes the stadium seem fuller.

Back
Top Bottom