Home Match Day Thread +++ 29/08/2020 Friendly OUFC v QPR+++

I was a bit surprised with the Rad Ox team saying we won’t get what we want in terms of fee for Dickie. If we get less than £2.5m then we’ve had our trousers off. I’d rather keep him all season than sell for less. That could be worth more!
They are probably saying that based on something as opposed to blind speculation. Will be interesting.

Big thanks westox. You are a genius. Very impressive performance second half having not watched the first half we looked better than them all over the pitch could have won at a canter!

A good workout.
I was pretty impressed with Clare and Atkinson. MOM for me was McGuane though. He looked very classy.
Taylor will always score goals. Missed a couple but took the third one.
Moore and Eastwood both did well after the Wembley blunder.
The only real concerns is that we need that No 11 and who fills in if Ruffels is injured.

I'm an ST holder, my contact details are up to date, and I received nothing :(

I am a STH and got an email from OUFC with a link to the game and the matchday programme.Received it this morning.

Have you checked your spam/junk folders or maybe not advised the club if your data has changed?

Coverage was ok as well. Able to watch it on TV. Commentary in sync with game. No down time. A bit pixelated at times and ran a few replays at the wrong time but I'm sure that will improve.

Very much excited after that. Spend the Dickie money on a left winger to compete with Cooper and maybe a target man to compete with Taylor & we’ll be right up there.

Well I thought we were a lot better in the second half (especially before all the changes) than we were in the first - a bit more energy, better at keeping the ball etc.

McGuane looks like an excellent signing.
We *are* light up front. If Taylor gets injured or has to rest, we are a bit knackered.
We also need another left sided midfielder/forward - is that the fabled no 11?
I think another young promising CB might be a good idea as backup - or maybe it's taking Mous a bit of time to get up to speed.
Hall again showed that he might be a very positive asset this season.
Clare looks a bit like a work in progress, but improved as the game went on.
Atkinson is very promising if a bit raw. He actually reminded me of (during his early time with us) ... Rob Dickie!

I wonder who we might be playing on Tuesday?

Last edited:
In the 70 minutes they were on McGuane and Cam Bran were excellent. Concerned at lack of left side cover and striker cover. Hall looks fitter and more confident. Rob Dickie will be hugely missed and surprised if he opts for QPR. If so i suspect the fee will include considerable add ons and sell on %. It may just be location and guarantee of a starting place.

Well I thought we were a lot better in the second half (especially before all the changes) than we were in the first - a bit more energy, better at keeping the ball etc.

We *are* light up front. If Taylor gets injured or has to rest, we are a bit knackered.
I think another young promising CB might be a good idea as backup - or maybe it's taking Mous a bit of time to get up to speed.
Atkinson is very promising if a bit raw. He actually reminded me of (during his early time with us) of ... Rob Dickie!
I think another young promising CB might be a good idea.

??Agree with this.

Atkinson is very promising if a bit raw. He actually reminded me of (during his early time with us) ... Rob Dickie!
I think another young promising CB might be a good idea.

Tbf to Mous he hasn't had a lot of pre-season game time and he probably needs more minutes to properly get going. If they play this unconfirmed friendly on Tuesday then I'd hope he gets most, if not all, of the 90 minutes.

Agree on the rest unless KR sees Nico Jones as the promising young CB.

Didn’t get a chance to tune in today. Good result though and comments on here sound promising. Pleased that McGuane sounds good - how was the rest of our midfield? Gorrin and CB? And how was Cooper - many people talking about getting in a #11, is he not looking up to it yet?

Thought McGuane was the pick of the OUFC players. Looked like a bloody strong signing on that performance.
I agree, and it worked well with Gorrin, Brannagan and McGuane. You'll struggle to find a better midfield than that, especially with Kelly as back up.

I watched on QPR site. The stream was very poor first half kept stopping and buffering. Second half was a great improvement. I switched from the Radox commentary to the QPR second half at least they were in line with the play. I thought the QPR commentators were very fair different from the clowns in the last game. They were also amusing at times, one of them when talking about Oxfords past said I understand that they got to the league cup final once but I can't find any record of it. As for the game I thought we should have won by a wider margin I think we matched them first half and were the better team in the second.

Didn’t get a chance to tune in today. Good result though and comments on here sound promising. Pleased that McGuane sounds good - how was the rest of our midfield? Gorrin and CB? And how was Cooper - many people talking about getting in a #11, is he not looking up to it yet?

He came off as a precaution after 25 or so minutes. He did look good while he was on. It's more the fact we couldn't really replace him with anyone!

The talk about a left midfielder was about depth as much as anything. Cooper went off injured in the 1st half (early to mid 1st half), I'd assume precautionary based on how it happened. It was an obvious weakness for the rest of the game. And we do need somebody (hence the 11 being free I guess) as we don't really have any good cover.

Difficult to say anything about Cooper today but he impressed vs Palace.

I agree, and it worked well with Gorrin, Brannagan and McGuane. You'll struggle to find a better midfield than that, especially with Kelly as back up.

Yeah that looks the way to go, and put Henry and Sykes behind Taylor.

Back
Top Bottom