+++ 25/09/2019 League Cup OUFC V West Ham United +++

not from the sun though
apparently we’re called the brewers

what else would we exp[ect from that s**t rag

Arsenal, Liverpool and Sunderland left and we get....... FFS

At the end we were in the pot with Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Sunderland only. Guess who we get

shambles of a draw, 4 out of the 5 teams left are the 4 of the top 5 teams in the country and we get f*****g sunderland

On a roll! League still the main thing...stick it to Gillingham on Saturday!

Wow. What a performance. Make no mistake about it, we were by far the better team and could've won even more comfortably were it not for their keeper, the crossbar, and a couple of wayward finishes.

To a man every player had a great game, but I want to give a special mention to three in particular: Baptiste, Sykes and Long.

Baptiste showed once again what a talented footballer he is. His effortless changes of direction and the way he beats a man with just a drop of the shoulder is such a joy to watch. The goal was just ridiculous.

Sykes has been (unfairly, imo) on the fringes so far this season but on tonight's performance I don't see how that can continue. He has excellent worth ethic, great desire to get on the ball and theability to play the killer pass. I really hope this kick starts his season.

I've been critical of Long in the past but tonight he defended tremendously and even got forward well when necessary. One thing you can never question is his desire and willingness to put his body on the line, but tonight he took his overall game to the next level. His best performance in a yellow shirt by far.

Some of the football played by the entire team was absolutely superb; I can't wait to see Taylor's goal back in particular.

I think 433 suits the players we have so much better than 4231. We look a much more solid, cohesive unit and the likes of Baptise and Brannagan can find space in the areas of the pitch that they like to be the most. I really hope Robinson sticks to it now.

What a bloody match. Get yourselves to the Gillingham game people.

Back
Top Bottom