Away Match Day Thread 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

Meh, at least someone’s happy. Several good teams will miss out. Just got to be a bit better and stronger next season.
There's some decent teams in those 4 places only one will go up next season is going to be just as fun hopefully better than this one

Herbie Kane will be remembered for having the best first half and worst second half of a season in football history.

As far as I’m concerned he can return from whence he came and procreate at his leisure.

Just checked in from Plays Las Americas to see the score. It can't be a surprise that this group failed to win a "must win" game. More backbone in an earthworm..

But it was over weeks ago bar those who believe in miracles. It's a squad and manager that are the nearly men of League 1.

We go again filled with hope. Enjoy the summer!
Your prize is in the post for being right! Well done you!!!

To next season then , been some great results this season , just fell short at the end! The problem as been the last 6 games , as last season we won the last 4 out 5 , that says it all.

To next season then , been some great results this , just fell short at the end! The problem as been the last 6 games , as last season we won the last 4 out 5 , that says it all.
Yes I expected a late run like in the last two seasons

• React
Reactions: UTM
Oh well. I suppose the one silver lining of today is that the Sunderland and Wycombe wins and the Plymouth point probably mean that we would have fallen short regardless. Shame it's ended a bit of a damp squib but I've really enjoyed this season. Scrutiny will go to that disaster week at the beginning of April but, in truth, we probably cost ourselves with results like Cheltenham at home (having missed an early pen) and Wimbledon away. In such a competitive league, missed opportunities like that will cost you. However, despite that, some really memorable performances and wins. I won't forget for a long time the feeling I had walking out of Hillsborough after that late winner, and the Camrbidge / Joey Memorial game sounded extraordinary. On a more profound level, it also felt like the club and supporters have been connected again in a way they haven't since 15-16. Huge credit to the Fanatics for their role in that.

There are things to improve next year, for sure, but there is also a huge amount to be optimistic about. It's a shame the season has sort of fizzled, but I'm already very excited for 22-23. COYY

Always a long shot after Morecambe away, left ourselves to much to do.

obviously the vengeance tour starts against Doncaster, unless we lose, then it starts the next time we win (Can you start a vengeance tour in a pre season friendly away to Ardley?)

That's three season of relative failure by "Nearly but not quite" Robinson. First we lost in the play off final. The second we lost in the play offs. And third we didn't even qualify for the play offs. If the decline continues it's mid table next season. It is all on the summer window for next year. I hope it's bettr than we have usually done whereby we wait until the real clubs have taken what they want and we then pick the best of what's left.

As Usual I shall have nothing but hope before we start another season. And I shall be there at each match.

So have we progressed this season we can't finish any higher that 8th the maximum points we can get are 78 I think that's two positions dropped in the league but possibly 4 more points gained isit a case of we've made progress but the league is stronger than last season

So have we progressed this season we can't finish any higher that 8th the maximum points we can get are 78 I think that's two positions dropped in the league but possibly 4 more points gained isit a case of we've made progress but the league is stronger than last season
No. Success is based on where you finish in the table. Not nice passes/goals scored/Robbo Pashun.

On the whole a more than decent season but we ran out of steam quite spectacularly in the end due to a lack of robustness and an inability within the squad to stand up and grind out the ugly stuff. Something Robinson HAS to accept, learn from and rectify.

The preparation for next season starts now!

Back
Top Bottom