Away Match Day Thread 23/04/2022 L1: Rotherham United v OUFC

It wasn't about today, more like the 7 points gained from the last 21, which is clearly not promotion pace. The damage was done at a point when we were comfortable within the play offs, and kr's lack of defensive cover came back to haunt us.
First year in 3 we have failed to make the play offs, with the bigger budget, and theoretically a better squad.
Right, time to reset the tape back to the beginning, for a fourth year, in preparation for the usual diatribe in the first week in May.

It will be good for the squad to get an earlier break and then we can get some transfer business done sooner rather than later. Obviously a shame but if we make sensible signings I can see us being in the automatic promotion slots next season!!

Would have made the playoffs every season for the last 10 years with 78 points. Also that would have been enough to be champions 10 years ago. Doesn’t mean much I know but it’s likely that seven clubs will end up with over 80 points. It’s a strong league.

Always a long shot after Morecambe away, left ourselves to much to do.

obviously the vengeance tour starts against Doncaster, unless we lose, then it starts the next time we win (Can you start a vengeance tour in a pre season friendly away to Ardley?)
Cheers for that, I’m looking forward to the City friendly now!

Or, his transfer policy and coaching made us an exciting team that nearly made the playoffs. Honestly, talk about glass half empty. The negative people will probably hate the next guy and moan about the championship when we get there
That would only really apply if Karl had a small budget that he's outperformed, like MK or Plymouth have. However, he's been given a top 6 budget and has missed out on those places. It's his transfer policy of signing tonnes of attackers and injured players, whilst leaving no defensive cover, which has done for us this season.

Or, his transfer policy and coaching made us an exciting team that nearly made the playoffs. Honestly, talk about glass half empty. The negative people will probably hate the next guy and moan about the championship when we get there
I understand nowhere you’re coming from but an exciting team? If we were that exciting it has to be all the season and I would prefer a crap season but in the play offs. Exciting hasn’t hit us anything this season.

I thought that’s what we were supposed to be last season and again this season?
Would have made the playoffs every season for the last 10 years with 78 points. Also that would have been enough to be champions 10 years ago. Doesn’t mean much I know but it’s likely that seven clubs will end up with over 80 points. It’s a strong league.
And I'm sure we would have won the Eurovision Song Contest with more points than anyone else, year on year. It's all about what we do, Oxford United, not hiding behind the fact that we did not making the play offs, diluting the situation by saying how strong the league is.

I understand nowhere you’re coming from but an exciting team? If we were that exciting it has to be all the season and I would prefer a crap season but in the play offs. Exciting hasn’t hit us anything this season.
We’ve fallen off in the last few weeks but we’ve been incredibly exciting in a lot of home games. Obvs you don’t get points for artistic impression but it’s been a very enjoyable season.

ZZZZZZZZZ

We’ve fallen off in the last few weeks but we’ve been incredibly exciting in a lot of home games. Obvs you don’t get points for artistic impression but it’s been a very enjoyable season.
Why can't we be entertaining and successful?

Well well well, unlucky Yellows but the real Rotherham United turned up today, especially2nd half & deservedly won.
A word if I may for your fans, what a lovely friendly bunch you are & certainly added to the atmosphere. Have a great summer guys & see you soon.
Sooner than you hope to, I suspect.

Back
Top Bottom