FA Cup 2023-24 FA Cup R1 Draw

Apart from we’ll probably make it fair by playing the second string

We play Chelsea U21"s on the Tuesday after so I reckon we will put out a pretty strong side against Maidenhead and send the second string/kids out against Chelsea.

We play Chelsea U21"s on the Tuesday after so I reckon we will put out a pretty strong side against Maidenhead and send the second string/kids out against Chelsea.
could do it the other way round too

that said, Marlow is only a couple of miles from Maidenhead

could do it the other way round too

that said, Marlow is only a couple of miles from Maidenhead

Maidenhead is a weekend game where a bigger crowd will be expected than the one in the poxy cup against Chelsea U21's.

The magic of the FA cup and the possibility of getting to round 3 where we could get a tie against a premier League club like we have recently in Arsenal and Newcastle.

The poxy cup is only good if you get to the final.

How anyone can complain about that draw is quite frankly having a laugh.

We are at home against non Lge opposition, and we should be cruising into Round 2.

Bromley v Blackpool will be on tv along with Chesterfield v Pompey. They are shoe in’s.

That isn't a bad tie actually, it's at home against a team I've never seen us play and very winnable for us to progress to the second round.

Exeter v Wigan
Orient v Carlisle
Lincoln v Morecambe
Port Vale v Burton
Mansfield v Wrexham
Newport v Oldham
Crewe v Derby
Bradford v Wycombe
Doncaster v Accrington
Reading v Mk Dons
Notts county v Crawley
Stevenage v Tranmere
Peterborough v Salford
Northampton v Barrow
Wimbledon v Cheltenham

All very boring in comparison

Pick of the bunch and got to be in for a chance of TV coverage are

Chesterfield v Pompey
Bromley v Blackpool
Bristol rovers v Chelmsford or Whitby
Billericay or Sheppey v Walsall
Barnsley v Horsham
Charlton v Cray Valley paper mills

Anyways I will be getting tickets to watch our game as Ifollow don't cover fa cup games.
Crewe Derby will be on tv.

• React
Reactions: m
My distant cousin manages Maidenhead and would love to win this. Can’t see them getting a goal

Got to be happy with that, wouldn’t have minded it being away as was a good day out at Hayes & Yeading a few seasons ago

Shite draw. Local or smaller team away, for a good day out.
What constitutes a good day out.

So if drawn away, probably only allocated 500 tickets and have to enjoy the delights of Maidenhead Town and their local pubs.

Yes really great, I think not

A second string involving Thornily, Negru, McEachran, Mills, Goodrham, Murphy and some first teamers is still pretty strong.

A decent draw.
Yes I’m sure whatever team we put out will have enough. They must be delighted with the draw, it should be a good occasion

• React
Reactions: MJB
Good draw really, it’s home and we should cruise through. Better than Blackpool all the way down to Bromley. Not one we would have wanted ,hopefully an upset For them.

The tv companies normally show 4 or 5 in round 1, I doubt we will be on, there are much more attractive ties than ours. Suits me fine!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom