FA Cup 2023-24 FA Cup R1 Draw

Not sure how this will sit with his players but Marc White, the Dorking Manager, gave a pretty honest and funny interview after they lost to Horsham:

'f*****g s**t players' and 'wholeheartedly a bunch of players that were absolutely s**t'. Next training session should be interesting!
He's helped by the fact that he also happens to own the club.

Like I said, I don’t think it will be on TV but will be one of the 6/7 games on the Sunday. Just a hunch.

Away, and we'd definitely have been on TV.

But at home, should be straightforward progress even if we give a couple of players a rest.

Reckon the TV companies will show (in order of certainty):

Chesterfield vs. Pompey
Bromley vs. Blackpool
Hereford vs. Gillingham
Billericay or Sheppey vs. Walsall
Kidderminster vs. Fleetwood.

Could go with City/Scarborough vs. FGR, but I just wonder if they'll think FGR are too small themselves, and in rubbish form, for that to really count as a cupset.

They would have loved to show Wrexham, but not sure they'll be able to justify it when they're away to a fellow League Two club......
S4C also show the FA Cup, so will have either the Wrexham or the Newport game

What constitutes a good day out.

So if drawn away, probably only allocated 500 tickets and have to enjoy the delights of Maidenhead Town and their local pubs.

Yes really great, I think not
Merstham a few years a go?
Better than sitting in a wind tunnel with a few hundred away support, and the atmosphere of a libary.

Decent enough draw, should win and a non league team we haven’t played (that I can remember)
I saw us play a pre-season friendly at Maidenhead on 19/07/2008, but this will probably be the first competitive meeting between the two clubs since the 1950's. There were three FA Cup meetings in that decade;

11/10/53 Oxford Utd 2 Maidenhead Utd 0 (crowd n/k)

10/10/54 Oxford Utd 4 Maidenhead Utd 0 (crowd n/k)

18/10/58 Maidenhead Utd 1 Oxford United 6 (3,025)

Although we have played at home to Braintree in a replay since then, I think this is the first time we have been drawn at home to a non-league team since the 2-0 defeat of Thurrock in a 4th qualifying round tie on 24/10/2009. That is 14 years, quite a big gap.

Last edited:
Although we have played at home to Braintree in a replay since then, I think this is the first time we have been drawn at home to a non-league team since the 2-0 defeat of Purfleet in a 4th qualifying round tie on 24/10/2009. That is 14 years, quite a big gap.
We were drawn at home to Gateshead in 2013

Shandon Baptiste got the goal of the round against Hartlepool, it was third round to be fair.
Was it moved to a Sunday to be part of that rubbish coverage where they show goals from 10 or so games?

Have they confirmed the date for this match yet, whether it will be on TV and when the tickets will be available?

Have they confirmed the date for this match yet, whether it will be on TV and when the tickets will be available?

They are always slow with the TV dates for the FA Cup for some reason, in limbo till then.

I checked - last year they were announced on the Thursday, after the replays had been completed

Back
Top Bottom