FA Cup Youth FA Cup 10/1/2023 Oxford United U18s V Cardiff City U18s

O’Donker is having a great game, hope Matrybis they’re taking notes.
Surely O’Donker has to start on Saturday
I know it's only (!) youth football but, the opposition are real and he's doing the business. He deserves a start and let's see what he can bring. As it stands, Tayls is not scoring and not providing. Time for a change, give Tayls a rest and, if it doesn't work, so what? Are we going to miss out on the play-offs? Hardly!!

Just some random thoughts

Probably around 700 there tonight?
Number 7- Elliott- Wheeler really impressed me. Aggressive, feisty, tricky wide man
Franklin the Captain and CB was decent
Oxford were more aggressive than Cardiff

O'Donkor was the best player on the pitch. They simply couldn't cope with him. He held the ball up well, beat players by trickery and pace. I hope we have him on a long contract ....

Oxford made NO substitutions.

Just some random thoughts

Probably around 700 there tonight?
Number 7- Elliott- Wheeler really impressed me. Aggressive, feisty, tricky wide man
Franklin the Captain and CB was decent
Oxford were more aggressive than Cardiff

O'Donkor was the best player on the pitch. They simply couldn't cope with him. He held the ball up well, beat players by trickery and pace. I hope we have him on a long contract ....

Oxford made NO substitutions.

Don't forget these 3 from the attendance 😀 the only game where the West stand had a bigger turn out than the East.

Rugged centre back Toto Nsiala plays for Fleetwood. I would start O’Donkor on Saturday and hope he can ruffle a few feathers.

Really enjoyed the game tonight.
Home and away supporters all mixed in together, a nice atmosphere with no silly behaviour, just the way it should be.
O'Donkor was the stand out player, his strength and power was too much for the opposition and was the difference between the teams.
A deserved win, well played everyone.

Really enjoyed the game tonight.
Home and away supporters all mixed in together, a nice atmosphere with no silly behaviour, just the way it should be.
O'Donkor was the stand out player, his strength and power was too much for the opposition and was the difference between the teams.
A deserved win, well played everyone.
Echo those comments, O'Donkor got better as others tired, his hold up play and rolling the defender is exceptional. The strike for his first goal was top drawer. At least 4 of that team stand a real chance of getting pro contracts.

good to hear the young U's got to play in front of a decent crowd ( disappointed I couldn't go in the end- deadlines wait for no-one) - if its a home match in the 5th round Im hopeful I'll be able to watch it live-brilliant that they came back from 0-1 down to win 3-1 , and G O'D was firing on all cylinders, after 20 mins, or so, just 24 hrs earlier playing well against PL opposition

Hope he gets a couple of 1st team starts soon ( Saturday would be good)- and adds to his 2 first team goals for the season too

The next round needs to be played by 11 February
There are a lot of 4th round games not played yet ( they all have to be played bt this Saturday)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230111_130518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230111_130518_Samsung Internet.jpg
    435.8 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom