FA Cup 2023-24 FA Cup R1 Draw

I completely understand those who are unable to be accommodated elsewhere, especially wheelchair users and those you use the sensory room. And I agree that the decision to restrict access to some areas was badly communicated and needed the intervention of OUSP to get resolved. This is all far from ideal.

But I honestly don't see it as the shambles that others do or an indication that the club can't be arsed with the FA Cup. But we do all see things differently I guess.
I have to say that I do see it as a shambles and, further exasperated by the ongoing lack of any proper promotion by the club. Then, there is the intervention of the OUSP, it should be the other way around, as agreed by the club with the OUSP from the outset. I quote here from the Memorandum of understanding which, as then Chair of OUSP, I signed with Naill McWilliams (on behalf of OUFC) as follows:
Matters deemed sufficiently important for mandatory consultation with the Supporters’Panel include: Key heritage matters to include any changes being considered to club name, colours,crest, or kit designs Items that significantly impact fans in relation to match day arrangements. Changes in pricing, format, terms and conditions, and availability of tickets (bothindividual and season tickets)

The last section should have been sufficient for the club to have consulted the OUSP before making any change to normal arrangements. It couldn't really be any clearer. I'm beginning to wonder if some sections of the club are out of touch.

Perhaps the idea is there is a better atmosphere if fans are grouped together rather than spread out?
I often see it on "away fans" pictures that fans are grouped into limited blocks rather than allowed to sit where they want and are dotted around an empty stand.
However, it is a point that needs considering for the Triangle.
I haven't read all of the debate, but some people are saying we should have home fans right next to away fans, which would presumably need a line of 25 or so stewards more than the handful we currently have operating the segregation in the North Stand. Is this an expense the club wants to incur?

Fans should be kept well apart, my daughter and grandson are Birmingham City ticket holders and were at the game last season when Millwall fans rioted, they had to climb over seats to leave from the back of the stand for safety as the stewards were over ran. I am more than happy at the way we control the away fans in the North Stand.

Fans should be kept well apart, my daughter and grandson are Birmingham City ticket holders and were at the game last season when Millwall fans rioted, they had to climb over seats to leave from the back of the stand for safety as the stewards were over ran. I am more than happy at the way we control the away fans in the North Stand.
Although what your daughter and grandson experienced was not good, I suspect it is the only time this has happened?

Birmingham have had all sorts of issues with their stadium not being fit for purpose, and had to close half of it last season, to bring it up to standard, so I'd guess this was a factor too. Virtually no other club has the ridiculous segregation that we have and it says more about the inefficiency of our stadium, and those "managing" it, than it does about anything else.

If you're happy for us to lose up to 1,000 seats in our new stadium to segregation, then I think you're on your own, and I include the club in that. No way are they building a 16,000 seat stadium to have only 15,000 of them able to be occupied. Modern day segregation methods do not need this.

With the current situation at St. Andrews only parts of the stands in question have been completed allowing some season ticket holders to reclaim their seats, my daughter and grandson included, i believe it will take most of this season to complete the job.

Back
Top Bottom