FA Cup Youth FA Cup 10/1/2023 Oxford United U18s V Cardiff City U18s

Donks was monstrous. Did everything well. Zabeli looks to have loads of potential at the back. A Rolls Royce CB. I was also impressed by the diminutive Elliot-Wheeler on the right wing. Very tenacious. Josh Johnson was a little bit under the radar IMO. I was hoping he'd dominate the midfield.

Donks was monstrous. Did everything well. Zabeli looks to have loads of potential at the back. A Rolls Royce CB. I was also impressed by the diminutive Elliot-Wheeler on the right wing. Very tenacious. Josh Johnson was a little bit under the radar IMO. I was hoping he'd dominate the midfield.
I agree re JJ.
I was expecting a little more from.him ( he was so good v Palace earlier this season)
He lost his footing a couple of times in dangerous positions. Having said that his pass for the first goal was fantastic and he did a few crunching tackles.

• React
Reactions: BDJ
I have coached the Cardiff goal scorer, about 5yrs ago.
You’d better dust off your CV then, rumour is there could be a decent job coming up in the Summer.
Be careful what trainers you wear, don’t turn down the offer of a cup of tea if there’s an interval and whatever you do don’t tell them you’ve got a holiday booked in the summer.

Noticed on Monday that the pitch appeared to be deteriorating earlier than in recent seasons, higher view from the south stand camera confirms that.

It has been a lot wetter compared to previous seasons which may have an affect.

Noticed on Monday that the pitch appeared to be deteriorating earlier than in recent seasons, higher view from the south stand camera confirms that.

Yep not looking great. Hopefully they can do something between today & Ipswich in 10 days

Surely Donks has to start on saturday...............
I think we may have to be careful with not overdoing it with him.
When he came on on Monday he looked shattered after he chased the defender to the sideline after about two minutes. He didn't chase anyone else down with the same intensity again all game and I actually wondered whether he'd tweaked something.
The fact he played a full 90 the next day suggests that wasn't the case and it is perhaps just his demeanor, but I still think any starts should be occasional rather than regular

Leeds are in the bottom half of the PL U18 league.

Would be tough, but perhaps a chance at a cupset as long as GOD plays? Might be the most exciting game over the rest of this season!

Leeds are in the bottom half of the PL U18 league.

Would be tough, but perhaps a chance at a cupset as long as GOD plays? Might be the most exciting game over the rest of this season!
I maybe wrong, but would think that even if Leeds are struggling it will be a huge step up from Cardiff?
The Cardiff game was pretty even (GOD was the difference I reckon)
They have to beat Wimbledon first!

Oh, no doubt it will be another step up in competition. But with GOD, we'll have a puncher's chance!

I was idly wondering if Tyler Goodrham could play as well......but I think he's three weeks too old to qualify?

Oh, no doubt it will be another step up in competition. But with GOD, we'll have a puncher's chance!

I was idly wondering if Tyler Goodrham could play as well......but I think he's three weeks too old to qualify?
Goodrham is too old I think

Back
Top Bottom