Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Panicking and looking for someone to blame’ seems to be becoming the default mode on here, and in society generally
And crumbling and giving up. I think/hope Robinson is a resilient sort who'll relish this challenge and hit it head on by putting out a team on Tuesday.

I can't see any reason why we'd want to rush to play matches when loads of players are unavailable. If we're given the choice, we should postpone until most/all are back. Who the hell cares what some Crewe fans think?

Surely if a game can be called off as one of the teams has 3 players called up for international duty then 7 players being possibly infected with a virus causing a Global pandemic is more than justifiable
Exactly, so baffled why Karl would even suggest playing.

The problem with postponing the next two fixtures is that the EFL require the rearranged games to take place at the earliest opportunity. Do so and it's possible we could end up playing Tuesday/Saturday every week in the run up to Xmas and then have the busy festive period to boot.

If management think we have enough in the squad to beat Fleetwood and consider we may not get all three points from Rotherham even with a full compliment, the benefits of a less crowded schedule may give a bigger benefit in the long term.

Best vaccination rate in Europe and yet still recording 50,000 cases a day. Doing a great job the vaccine 👍
It is making a huge difference, it doesn't prevent infection but does reduce the impact. The number of hospitalisations and deaths are massively down on where they would be without the vaccine uptake.

That's why the responsible thing to do for all is to be vaccinated, but that doesn't mean that I support it being compulsory or people being "outed" for expressing free will.

It is making a huge difference, but it doesn't prevent infection but does reduce the impact. The number of hospitalisations and deaths are massively down on where they would be without the vaccine uptake.

Cheers pal. Thanks for the update.

Reduces the impact but games are getting called off 🤔 it begs the question if it’s really having the desired effect and if it is, are we living with isolation until the end of time? If this is the best we can expect, i’d ask whether it’s doing well enough.

Personally, i’m not buying it. Like you said in an earlier post, it’s all about personal choice. ATB 👍

I know science was never the easiest subject at school but we’ve had loads of news about COVID-19 over the last year and still people don’t understand how it spreads and the impact vaccines have in preventing the worst aspects of it. It’s been a headline pretty much every day.

The Russian bots on social media have done a top job in spreading misinformation.

Reduces the impact but games are getting called off 🤔 it begs the question if it’s really having the desired effect and if it is, are we living with isolation until the end of time? If this is the best we can expect, i’d ask whether it’s doing well enough.

Personally, i’m not buying it. Like you said in an earlier post, it’s all about personal choice. ATB 👍
Since vaccinations not many games have been called off, have they?

I’d actually disagree that it’s about personal choice. Drinking driving rules and seatbelts aren’t about personal choice and I don’t think this should be either. However I’m not really interested in arguing.

I can't see any reason why we'd want to rush to play matches when loads of players are unavailable. If we're given the choice, we should postpone until most/all are back. Who the hell cares what some Crewe fans think?

We should be canny but should follow the rules. Can we just unilaterally decide to postpone? We’ve had enough time to cobble a team together, assuming we can get a goalkeeper

As I wend home after an expensive five minute visit up north c/o two separate Warrington train station platforms is it churlish to ask just how many of our squad have been vaccinated?

What a waste of a freaking day.

Enlivened by meeting three sixty something hard core Rangers fans and their thirty cans of lager on their way to their semifinal tomorrow. A couple of which they kindly offered to me,

They seemed like nice boys. .But I did raise my brow a touch when one of the guys showed me video phone footage of his knife attack footage in an Edinburgh pub.

Ah well on to the next game, whenever the hell that will be.
On Radox they said some of the affected players were double vaccinated. Hopefully they won't be as badly affected.

I’d actually disagree that it’s about personal choice. Drinking driving rules and seatbelts aren’t about personal choice and I don’t think this should be either. However I’m not really interested in arguing.

You don’t have anything injected into you when you choose to drink drive, do you?

Nobody should feel pressured or forced into the vaccine IMO.

That is all it is, my opinion.

So, given the list of those ruled out, then aside from the keeper issue we could still field a decent line up:
GK tba
RB Hanson/Williams (injured?)
Lb Seddon
CB long, McNally
Cm Gorrin, Kane, bran
Fw henry, Agyei, Holland
Subs mcguane, cooper, Whyte, goodrham, Hanson/Williams +2 youngsters

Perhaps this should go on the next match thread... but...

Emergency Loan

Long - McNally - Seddon

Hanson - Kane - Brannagan (if fit) - McGuane

Agyei - Holland
Whyte

Henry,
Cooper,
Goodrham,
Johnson.

That's what I would select, and on 7 minutes, Long would get injured....

Apparently the issue with the Emergency Loan was that KR wasn't 100% sure what the reply was, and by the time he understood that yes mean't yes, it was too late.

If only football was like cricket, and rain might intervene. Any chance of an arctic blast freezing pitches for the next fortnight?

You don’t have anything injected into you when you choose to drink drive, do you?

And everyone should have consideration for those around them.

If the government was injecting them with the mind controlling substances that some anti-vaxers are claiming, then there are other ways to get those who know of the global conspiracy... People not having the vax will eventually be subdued by additives/drugs in their burgers, or beer.

I don’t agree but I appreciate you not being aggressive about it.

• React
Reactions: Ian

They shouldn’t, no.

However I have yet to hear any evidence from a credible source or scientist to say that you should not have it. The chances of getting COVID, being hospitalised from it and/or spreading it to others drastically reduces from being double jabbed.

The ‘arguments’ against invariably come from people who have ‘done their own research’. I consider myself reasonably bright but I understand my own shortcomings on this as I don’t have the academic smarts to comprehend all the data behind the vaccines. I cannot critically analyse it without the right science qualifications or access to all of the peer reviewed data but I do know who I’m willing to listen to who can advise me on what I should do. That doesn’t tend to be memes, graphics taken out of context or poorly cited sources.

The good news is that many others have taken my view. From a UK population of 67m, 50m have had one jab, 46m have had two and 14m have had three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom