Away Match Day Thread 20/11/2021 L1: Wigan Athletic v OUFC - POSTPONED

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d much prefer to play exactly the same club later in the season (Tuesday night over a Saturday afternoon) during a fixture pile.

This travel / hotel booking fake out has been executed with masterly aplomb

And we just hadn’t thought to play the Covid card the other times we had multiple players out injured …..but then we realised it was a powerhouse in the finest home form of their history.(mk dons L / sheff wed L / Lincoln L / solihull D)

Karl must have been on google that morning knowing that Wigan have only lost four games all season compared to us who have lost …erm…err…four games

Last edited:
I'm sorry to drag this up again...but please read this comment from a Wigan fan on their forum :D

'They travelled with 2 keepers,but cos the back up GK had only 1 covid jab and was a close contact of the positive players he had to isolate.But he's 19 years old,so that begs the question why has he only had 1 covid jab when they were available to lads his age months ago?Was he also conveniently not a close contact of the one or two that tested positive earlier in the week?

That still doesn't alter the fact though that they had 2 other U18 academy GKs available,1 of which, Fraser Barnsley didn't even get on the pitch from the bench from their academy game on Friday.There was more than enough time on Saturday morning to contact both of those lads and get them up to Wigan for KO.

Moreover Robinson says he tried to get an emergency loan GK on Saturday morning.Well he obviously didn't bloody try hard enough as there's over 20 clubs in the Championship and L1 within a 2 hours drive of Wigan.

I still find it hard to believe that when they were all tested on Friday night there was no positive tests and miraculously several hours later there where 7 after a few showed symptoms during the night.Usually when you get covid if you show symptoms they don't happen until a few days after you catch it,so surely if they were tested several hours earlier those tests would be positive?

By conveniently having all these positive tests at once on the day of the game,it made it easier for Robinson to get the game off.But the question is did they all test positive on the morning of the game or were Oxford hiding that some of the 7 were before that,giving them less time to get a replacement GK(s) and using that as an excuse.They may have wanted to wait for their academy game to go ahead too on the Friday, before confirming any positive tests to again try and make it easier to get the game off.

I see,surprise,surprise that their game with Fleetwood tonight is going ahead.At the very least our club needs to be compensated for lost revenue,both sets of fans that travelled long distances need to be fully reimbursed and a proper, thorough investigation needs to take place by the EFL against Oxford because the whole thing stinks'!
Maybe the team should have rolled up at Wigan and then mentioned there have been some positive tests, wonder what the reaction what the reaction would have been.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to drag this up again...but please read this comment from a Wigan fan on their forum :D

'They travelled with 2 keepers,but cos the back up GK had only 1 covid jab and was a close contact of the positive players he had to isolate.But he's 19 years old,so that begs the question why has he only had 1 covid jab when they were available to lads his age months ago?Was he also conveniently not a close contact of the one or two that tested positive earlier in the week?

That still doesn't alter the fact though that they had 2 other U18 academy GKs available,1 of which, Fraser Barnsley didn't even get on the pitch from the bench from their academy game on Friday.There was more than enough time on Saturday morning to contact both of those lads and get them up to Wigan for KO.

Moreover Robinson says he tried to get an emergency loan GK on Saturday morning.Well he obviously didn't bloody try hard enough as there's over 20 clubs in the Championship and L1 within a 2 hours drive of Wigan.

I still find it hard to believe that when they were all tested on Friday night there was no positive tests and miraculously several hours later there where 7 after a few showed symptoms during the night.Usually when you get covid if you show symptoms they don't happen until a few days after you catch it,so surely if they were tested several hours earlier those tests would be positive?

By conveniently having all these positive tests at once on the day of the game,it made it easier for Robinson to get the game off.But the question is did they all test positive on the morning of the game or were Oxford hiding that some of the 7 were before that,giving them less time to get a replacement GK(s) and using that as an excuse.They may have wanted to wait for their academy game to go ahead too on the Friday, before confirming any positive tests to again try and make it easier to get the game off.

I see,surprise,surprise that their game with Fleetwood tonight is going ahead.At the very least our club needs to be compensated for lost revenue,both sets of fans that travelled long distances need to be fully reimbursed and a proper, thorough investigation needs to take place by the EFL against Oxford because the whole thing stinks'!

Don't apologise, keep 'em coming!

I can imagine how difficult it is to persuade a club to loan a player to a club that has a Covid outbreak. Especially for just a week.

I did actually try and register to explain what's happened from our end, but my account registration was rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom