Away Match Day Thread 16/11/2021 FA Cup 1st R. Replay: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Ridiculous comments, obviously a shocker but not really grounds for Karl to be sacked and the players hung, drawn and quartered is it?
Full strength Wycombe lost at home to Hartlepool, its not just us that had a mare.

I‘ll say it again, it’s not the “losing” but the capitulation.

Basic game management should have seen that out at 3-1, instead we concede 3 in 15 minutes.

Forgive me if I am a little but frustrated.

Be fine tomorrow though.

This points towards something I've suspected for some time. The first team is more than adequate on its own. But the instant it deviates even slightly from that squad then disaster takes place. It is becoming more and more obvious that the superlative squad we are told we have doesn't actually exist Players like Agyei and Bodin simply aren't good enough Mousinho's legs have gone and Long make a far better centre back that Thornily and there are others. Unfortunately Robinson's desire to tinker all the time means that some of these players will turn up again and mess things up again

Karl nails it. We went 3-1 up and the players got arrogant. Played like the game was won and Rovers capitalised. Fault and blame lies entirely with the players for me, nothing KR can do about that.

About time he said it how it is. Few be out the door in January hopefully.

He said that changing to the formation we did would see us exposed as we had no pace, so why change it?!
Got to protect some of the players for the league fixture, at 3-1 I'd have done the same and expected my players to be able to do the basics right and see it out.

About time he said it how it is. Few be out the door in January hopefully.
Without a doubt. Some players this season have played themselves out the club and I don't think Karl will be afraid to unregister players to bring in replacements and leave it to the players to find themselves a new club. Hopefully Bakrie backs him.

Oh come on- if we can't moan after an absolute capitulation to a lower league team with most of our first team playing, when can we?

Moan by all means! I’ve not suggested anybody shouldn’t but what i do think is context and balance could be used by some. This result will be long forgotten if we achieve promotion in 5/6 months time.

Ignoring the poor performance I don’t agree with the “we were never going to win it, oh well” mentality.

We’ve been lucky enough to enjoy some fantastic cup games over the years (both home and away and on TV). This evenings loss is a missed opportunity with a chance to go to the third round and pick one of those decent clubs out of the hat.

Fair enough if people don’t really care about those games and the excitement of seeing who you are going to play, the messages from other family/friends watching your team on the TV but I do.

Is what it is and we threw it away over the two games but to suggest that “we weren’t going to win it” so it doesn’t really matter isn’t right.

Fingers crossed we do more than “just” making the play offs this season otherwise we’ll have very little to write home about.

This points towards something I've suspected for some time. The first team is more than adequate on its own. But the instant it deviates even slightly from that squad then disaster takes place. It is becoming more and more obvious that the superlative squad we are told we have doesn't actually exist Players like Agyei and Bodin simply aren't good enough Mousinho's legs have gone and Long make a far better centre back that Thornily and there are others. Unfortunately Robinson's desire to tinker all the time means that some of these players will turn up again and mess things up again
That's a shame about Bodin. I've seen a couple of quality touches from him and he's obviously a very talented player...what makes you say that? Have his legs gone?

Ignoring the poor performance I don’t agree with the “we were never going to win it, oh well” mentality.

We’ve been lucky enough to enjoy some fantastic cup games over the years (both home and away and on TV). This evenings loss is a missed opportunity with a chance to go to the third round and pick one of those decent clubs out of the hat.

Fair enough if people don’t really care about those games and the excitement of seeing who you are going to play, the messages from other family/friends watching your team on the TV but I do.

Is what it is and we threw it away over the two games but to suggest that “we weren’t going to win it” so it doesn’t really matter isn’t right.

Fingers crossed we do more than “just” making the play offs this season otherwise we’ll have very little to write home about.
I really don’t think we were going to win it this year though

It still amazes me that some posters rattle of negative posts by the dozen when we lose but seem to always be out shopping when we win and manage a grudgingly well done !
Absolutely gutted and shocked at the final 15 mins but Sat is all important now more than ever.

Got to protect some of the players for the league fixture, at 3-1 I'd have done the same and expected my players to be able to do the basics right and see it out.

Without a doubt. Some players this season have played themselves out the club and I don't think Karl will be afraid to unregister players to bring in replacements and leave it to the players to find themselves a new club. Hopefully Bakrie backs him.
So you could argue the same that cost us in the first leg?

Back
Top Bottom