Away Match Build Up 11/8/2021 Burton Albion v OUFC Carabao ( EF League) Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge

God like member
be handy if the U's can hand out another battering ( like the two in the league last season) to the Brewers..... though a 0-1 win would do me, to get into the winning habit

referee is Seb Stockbridge

he last officiated an Oxford game in the 2-3 away win at Shrewsbury in the 2019-2020 season ( in which he gave out 4 yellows and one red card) he also refereed the home game V Doncaster (3-0 win) home game that season

He didn't ref any of our matches in the 2020-2021 season... he officiated 31 games last season and gave a total of 100 yellow cards and 4 reds

His first match this season was Rotherham's 2-0 win over Plymouth , in which he gave 2 yellow cards

I think we should take this game seriously, and use it as an opportunity to get our midfield set up sorted for the weekend! My 11 would be as follows:7287DA57-108B-4DC7-B94D-9B37EAC2F1B9.jpeg
After Saturday, it’s glaringly obvious that we need physical players in midfield, and McGuane and Gorrin certainly provide that. Henry was poor on Saturday, and I think Sykes will start against Charlton, so I expect him to be rested. I liked what I saw from Bodin on Saturday, so this game is a good chance to get some extra minutes in his legs!

I think we should take this game seriously, and use it as an opportunity to get our midfield set up sorted for the weekend! My 11 would be as follows:View attachment 6953
After Saturday, it’s glaringly obvious that we need physical players in midfield, and McGuane and Gorrin certainly provide that. Henry was poor on Saturday, and I think Sykes will start against Charlton, so I expect him to be rested. I liked what I saw from Bodin on Saturday, so this game is a good chance to get some extra minutes in his legs!
I like that side, although I would give Agyei a start in for Taylor or Whyte. I'd like to think he'd be fired up to show Robbo why he needs to be starting.

ticket details for Wednesday

The lineup tomorrow will depend largely on which of those players who didn't start on Saturday ate actually fully fit.

Are gorrin and/or long up to it yet, or mcguane for that matter? Winnall or bodin to start? Is Holland out of isolation/recovered?

Do we give McNally and/or Eastwood a start or do we allow the first choice another game to bed in?

With all this in mind, I reckon we might see the same XI again

I'd use this as an opportunity to get minutes into the wider squad, especially those still coming back from isolation. Think we'll give Easty the start too. Shame this game can't be streamed because Sky is the devil.

Easty
Long Moore Thornily Seddon
Gorrin
McGuane CamBran
Agyei Winnall Holland

Hoping we do well in the cup, never usually to fussed but a nice away day somewhere long overdue.

blimey! .... pizza instead of energy drinks?

Does anyone know where the London road club coaches are picking up from in Kidlington for the match on Wednesday ?
Thanks.

Does anyone know where the London road club coaches are picking up from in Kidlington for the match on Wednesday ?
Thanks.
I don't know for sure but the Bolton ticket article says Sainsbury's for that game.
I'm not sure why it would be different for Burton.

Thanks.
As @Robie has said, the coach stops at the Sainsbury’s bus stop on the Bicester Road, en-route to the A34 Northwards to the M40

Eastwood
Long McNally Thorniley Seddon
Sykes Gorrin McGuane
Whyte Agyei Cooper

Subs - Stevens, Mousinho, Forde, Henry, Williams, Bodin, Winnall

Rest - Moore, Brannagan, Taylor

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom