Home Match Day Thread 7/11/2021 FA Cup: OUFC v Bristol Rovers

Malc

Staff member
Early kick-off! Why? Is the match being televised?

Anyway COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Today’s playing surface

FDhgixkXoAQIbs1

REF WATCH :

East London based Paul Howard is today’s man in the middle. Promoted to the National list in August 2020
Howard takes charge of the U’s for the second time this season after United lost 0-1 at Cheltenham in September.

Efc6eGqXsAEhw8W

Early kick-off! Why? Is the match being televised?

Anyway COME ON YOU YELLOWS

TVP can`t cope with two loads of pavement dancers as they`ve bussed a load of staff to COP26.

2-1 tight win, a crowd of 6227 with 621 away.

Cx9dVLTXEAAgey1

DIp8qDfXUAALzK-

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Matt Taylor, Billy Bodin, Ryan Clarke, Liam Sercombe, Junior Brown, Ray Graydon, Neil Slatter,
James Clarke, Jefferson Louis, David Savage, James Hunt and Lewis Haldane.

Beat these late on as they run out of gas, and Taylor scores the winner.

An away trip in round 2 to Buxton will do me, then get Man United and focus on promotion after that.

You want the easiest possible route to round 3 always, and then get the big carrot.

Beat these late on as they run out of gas, and Taylor scores the winner.

An away trip in round 2 to Buxton will do me, then get Man United and focus on promotion after that.

You want the easiest possible route to round 3 always, and then get the big carrot.
Man United?? That sounds like the easiest route to round 4!

Don’t think this will be as straightforward as it should be
They will either hold out until midway through second half and we go onto win 3-0
Or they score early and try and hold out but we equalise 1-1
Going for the draw

2-0 win for us, Henry and Whyte. Followed up by us getting a s**t second round draw away to Rotherham.

Robinson hinted at doing something different so I think we will maybe go with a back 3 with Long becoming the third centre back alongside McNally and Moore or Thorniley. That would give the options of Forde and Seddon as more defensive wing backs, or Bodin and Whyte as more attacking options with Holland and Sykes rested.

Midfield we could then go with either a diamond with Gorrin at the base, McGuane and Kane as your play makers and Henry further forward, or I'd prefer a standard 3 in the middle (Henry, Kane and McGuane) and 2 upfront.

Taylor and Winnall have worked well together, but absolutely no idea on the fitness of the latter. Agyei would work but is really frustrating too. So Robinson may try something different with someone like Whyte, Henry, Bodin, Williams playing directly off Taylor?

However we set up, I think we'll have more than enough to beat a fairly average Rovers side, and hopefully an early goal or two will take the sting out of the game and give us the chance to rest a few more.

Oxford 3 Rovers 1 - Taylor, Long, Bodin

Can't call this. Should beat them but its the cup. And then you have to factor in the Joey Barton thing. I don't think we have a good record against the gas, we'll recently at least. Fingers crossed for a home win and round 2. Just waiting for junior pompeyyellows to get to mine then heading up to the game. COYY

I’m expecting us to be a class above. Im expecting us to win.

But it’s the cup and Bristol rovers so its inevitable that it will not be straight forward.
Lost too many times at home to them and heard that awful anthem they have on far too many occasions.

I’ll take a 2-1 win and onto the next round.

Winning is a good habit to get into and continue and today’s an opportunity to do that. Robinson‘s promised a strong line up and I want to see a statement result for the rest of league one to sit up and take notice that we’re on the up.

Back
Top Bottom