Away Match Day Thread 16/11/2021 FA Cup 1st R. Replay: Bristol Rovers v OUFC

Malc

Staff member
I need a win because I missed most of the Ipswich game and I'm going to miss the Wigan game :cry:

I find it hard to believe that ifollow cant do the fa cup. Could somebody explain? I would rather we win this than next saturday. Obviously win both would be ideal.

REF WATCH :

Peterborough referee Neil Hair is the man in the middle at the Memorial Ground tonight.
Hair, 40 was promoted to the EFL in the summer of 2018.

He took charge of the U’s 2-1 defeat at Bolton in August.

First U’s game:

November 17th 2018 - Oxford 1-0 Gillingham

EOHMDsnW4AAMrwX

I find it hard to believe that ifollow cant do the fa cup. Could somebody explain? I would rather we win this than next saturday. Obviously win both would be ideal.
Yeah this makes no sense - you’re saying the club doesn’t want me to pay £5/10 to watch this?? They don’t need the revenue? Why?! Will it be streamed online anywhere?

Have 2 X tickets for tonight (live about 20 mins walk from the Mem) but have sore throat, cough and not enough time to get tested. Message me if anybody wants them. They're paper so need to pick them up from Southmead Road (5 min drive from stadium) For the terraces. Gutted I can't go. COYY!

Only thing I can think of is that the competition is run by the FA and not by the EFL, so different rules for different organising bodies. The FA would probably say something like 'the BBC/ITV pay a lot of money for their rights, and we don't want to dilute their coverage by allowing other games to be viewed live at the same time' or some such rubbish.

Have 2 X tickets for tonight (live about 20 mins walk from the Mem) but have sore throat, cough and not enough time to get tested. Message me if anybody wants them. They're paper so need to pick them up from Southmead Road (5 min drive from stadium) For the terraces. Gutted I can't go. COYY!

You can do a lateral flow test and get a result instantly, If you then test positive its time to go and get a PCR test. Obviously if you don't feel up to going that's fair enough was just advising you the rules with any symptoms.

Pretty sure you need a PCR if you have symptoms? Gov website as unclear as ever but that's my reading. Says to self isolate and book PCR. Happy for someone to point me to rules suggesting a lat flow is enough though! (the one I did yesterday negative)

Pretty sure you need a PCR if you have symptoms? Gov website as unclear as ever but that's my reading. Says to self isolate and book PCR. Happy for someone to point me to rules suggesting a lat flow is enough though! (the one I did yesterday negative)

As you said the guidelines (not rules).are unclear on the NHS site.. if you have tested negative on a lateral flow test you probably will test negative on a PCR. I've heard people test positive on a lateral flow then a negative PCR but I haven't heard of any cases the other way round. We've had a few cases at work similar to yours and our company's policy is if a negative lateral flow has been recorded then you can continue to come in even if you have a sore throat, mucus cough etc as these are also symptoms of the common cold.. It's your personal choice at the end of the day.

If you have a negative lateral flow result and corresponding text confirming it you should be OK.

As you said the guidelines (not rules).are unclear on the NHS site.. if you have tested negative on a lateral flow test you probably will test negative on a PCR. I've heard people test positive on a lateral flow then a negative PCR but I haven't heard of any cases the other way round. We've had a few cases at work similar to yours and our company's policy is if a negative lateral flow has been recorded then you can continue to come in even if you have a sore throat, mucus cough etc as these are also symptoms of the common cold.. It's your personal choice at the end of the day.
Mmm... Not sure about a lot of that but I appreciate this matchday thread shouldn't become a Covid thread! Thanks for the advice though.

If anyone wants my tickets, hit me up. Otherwise here's hoping for a Billy Bodin or Dan Agyei hat trick!

Only thing I can think of is that the competition is run by the FA and not by the EFL, so different rules for different organising bodies. The FA would probably say something like 'the BBC/ITV pay a lot of money for their rights, and we don't want to dilute their coverage by allowing other games to be viewed live at the same time' or some such rubbish.
They have a live replay on itv tonight ....similar time as gas v U's replay

Back
Top Bottom