Home Match Build Up 7/11/2021 FA Cup: OUFC v Bristol Rovers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Once more unto the FA Cup breach, dear friends. We should win this one, Bristol are currently 16th in L2. Hope we put a strong side out as we have 6 days before the next match (Ipswich away).

Pretty sure we'll put a strong side out but I expect to see some rotation in midfield.

its the only cup competition were still in this season... were overdue a bit of a FA cup run.... so , KR , please dont be complacent in team selection, or tactics

its the only cup competition were still in this season... were overdue a bit of a FA cup run.... so , KR , please dont be complacent in team selection, or tactics
Got a week after the game until the next league match so really no excuse, best team available and go for a big win. Nothing breeds confidence like success.

Rovers only sold 400 tickets so far.

Rovers only sold 400 tickets so far.

Maybe because it's a Sunday lunchtime kick-off and there is probably only 1 or 2 viable trains?

Well done TVP - mission achieved, probably "short staffed" as they`ve shipped a few vanloads off to Glasgow so we pay the price.

Maybe because it's a Sunday lunchtime kick-off and there is probably only 1 or 2 viable trains?

Well done TVP - mission achieved, probably "short staffed" as they`ve shipped a few vanloads off to Glasgow so we pay the price.
Luckily my son doesn't have a game this Sunday morning. If he had, we'd have been struggling to make kick off. Going to be the same for everyone involved with youth football this Sunday.

My weekend to work so I was quite happy with w only got Bristol rovers I would have been pissed off if it was a more interesting tie

Woul

I Would argue the League Cup is an important Cup competition to OUFC!?

League cup the prize fund for reaching the next round isn't that much. As quoted when we lost to Man City a couple of years back.

League cup the prize fund for reaching the next round isn't that much. As quoted when we lost to Man City a couple of years back.
Who cares about that as a fan? Weird that it's even mentioned - I'd take a League Cup win any day of the week.

I believe there is no money until the final in that competition now

Who cares about that as a fan? Weird that it's even mentioned - I'd take a League Cup win any day of the week.

The only thing with the League Cup though is its midweek games until the final, no replays, no extra time. Prefer the fa cup myself.

The only thing with the League Cup though is its midweek games until the final, no replays, no extra time. Prefer the fa cup myself.
I'd take the FA Cup as well, don't get me wrong, but dismissing the glory of winning the League Cup just because the club doesn't make money from it (as is common amongst fans these days) doesn't hold with me. There was nothing like a midweek cup game at The Manor under the lights - some of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced as an Oxford fan. Hopefully the new ground will be tighter to the pitch, and fully enclosed so we can get back to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom