Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/8/2019 EFL Cup 1st Rnd: OUFC v Peterborough FC +++

It's important to keep a little momentum so there's no point putting out an entire reserve side, but Sam Long, Elliott Moore, Jamie Hanson, Mark Sykes and Robbie Hall can all come in and play their part and it will give them a chance to stake a claim for coming games.

I'd love to see Ben Woodburn get a run as striker or in a free role, and to get a goal or two. He is some player and a little confidence could see him blow this league apart!

• React
Reactions: Ian
got to give napa at least one chance to show why he shouldnt be loaned out!

Heard P’boro are again spending g a good for k’s by using an Oxford hotel, (same as Friday and Saturday just gone) for day sleeps and pre match meal..

Away team costs covered by gate receipts for cup games, if memory serves?

If we can’t win with our ‘fringe’ players why are they even at the club?

Our first XI have just played a game two days ago. And the only youth players in that are Berkoe and Napa, both of who are good enough I believe.

If we can’t win with our ‘fringe’ players why are they even at the club?

Our first XI have just played a game two days ago. And the only youth players in that are Berkoe and Napa, both of who are good enough I believe.
Personally, I don't think Napa has enough for a L1 team (yet) from what I've seen of him.

I'd rest Mackie and bring in Moore, definitely. The first XI have played just twice together, (and not in any friendlies due to late arrivals) so I'd rather they had competitive games together to hone the teamwork at this point.

I'd agree - it's four days until our next game, so play a strong team. Of course there are some you might rest (Mackie, Mous, Henry?) and some you might want playing at least some of the game (Moore, Sykes, Agyei?, Taylor?, Hall, Forde) but let's take the competition seriously. Especially if I am paying for a ticket!

Eastwood
Cadden Mous Dickie Ruffels
Brannagan Gorin
Fosu Henry Forde
Woodburn

I'd agree - it's four days until our next game, so play a strong team. Of course there are some you might rest (Mackie, Mous, Henry?) and some you might want playing at least some of the game (Moore, Sykes, Agyei?, Taylor?, Hall, Forde) but let's take the competition seriously. Especially if I am paying for a ticket!
Agree ... I want value for my £12 :)

Technically only three full days until our next game. I too am paying for a ticket but unlike you doubters I believe in our squad ?

I'll be going for my first game at fortress breezeblock this season.
excited to see the new players and hopefully a win to start a good cup run.
£12 tickets a bargain

.......and a 2-1 win, goals from Woodburn Dickie (sounds painful)

Play similarly as on Saturday and it should be a decent win... similar chances that werent converted 3 days ago should be put away tonight ... I fancy itll be a 3-0 home win

I think we will lose tonight surely pboro can’t play as bad as they did on Saturday with there attackers and if we change team to much we might struggle win or lose I’m going so as I always do to those people who have said there not going because it’s pboro again get off your asses and support the team

Back
Top Bottom