Home Match Day Thread +++ 13/8/2019 EFL Cup 1st Rnd: OUFC v Peterborough FC +++

Confidence is everything right now - we need to win tonight and move on and get something from Blackpool. Think he start with the same 11 and mixes it up at half time especially as they are freshening up - if we play Agyai for 45 mins switching with Mackie I would be happy. 2-0 Agyei/Ruffs

I think we will lose tonight surely pboro can’t play as bad as they did on Saturday with there attackers and if we change team to much we might struggle win or lose I’m going so as I always do to those people who have said there not going because it’s pboro again get off your asses and support the team
I'm taking my horse tonight, my ass is grazing

Steve Kinniburgh summarising for BBC Radio Oxford tonight.

Former U’s forward Francis Green summarising for BBC Cambs

There's basically almost a whole generation of former Oxford players from our conference days, the memory of whom makes me shudder!

Francis Green was......not good! Although I guess he did play in a successful yellows team (albeit he'd fallen so far down the pecking order that he wasn't in the squad for Wembley).

Did see him score a goal in the FA Trophy at Chelmsford City mind. That still qualifies as one of the most random away days I've been on...…..

I'd go with:

Stevens
Long Dickie Moore Berkoe
Hanson Sykes
Forde Brannagan Hall
Woodburn

Subs: Eastwood, Jones, Baptiste (if fit, Ruffels if not), Rodriguez Gorrin, Napa, Lofthouse, Agyei​

No need to play Mackie tonight really, also a good chance to see what Woodburn can do as an out-and-out striker if we need him there at any point during the season. Agyei probably won't be fit enough to start but if things are going well he could get 15 mins at the end.

Early season cup games always seem to chuck up some goal feasts...why not tonight?
Let's say 4-2 to us?

There's basically almost a whole generation of former Oxford players from our conference days, the memory of whom makes me shudder!

Francis Green was......not good! Although I guess he did play in a successful yellows team (albeit he'd fallen so far down the pecking order that he wasn't in the squad for Wembley).

Did see him score a goal in the FA Trophy at Chelmsford City mind. That still qualifies as one of the most random away days I've been on...…..

It feels almost sacrelige to diss anyone from that season, even Marcus Kelly and Lee Fowler

Eastwood
Long Dickie Moore Ruffels
Brannagan Hanson
Napa Sykes Forde
Woodburn

1-0

FORDE

No Agyei in the squad according to the Oxford Mail. I'm gutted, I was looking forward to see him play, at least a sub appearance anyways. Woodburn up front for me then please.

I really hope we play a competitive team tonight as this is one cup competition that I would dearly love for us to do well in.
I would quite happily see us out of the pecker grade trophy if we can progress in either this or the FA cup.

No Matty Taylor for Bristol City tonight. Is he going to be "visiting" his home town again tonight

Fosu sat out with hamstring issues. Not good news for Saturday.

glad i aint going looking at that line up................... suppose the subs could save us after we go 0-3 down???

A pity we don't have a centre forward playing...
I think Napa could do a job you know. He’s had a season in men’s football in L2 since we last saw him. I think the whole false 9 thing works best with two pacy players coming in from the wings, and from what I hear Forde isn’t that, but I’m still excited to see what he can do.

A midfield two of Sykes and CB isn’t lacking in creativity either, could be interesting.

And it will be interesting to see what that CB partnership looks like, as that seems it will be the centre of our back line for the foreseeable.

Don’t know much about Posh but is that a strong lineup from them? Seems it.

Back
Top Bottom