Home Match Day Thread +++ 26/12/2019 OUFC V Lincoln City +++

The small concern that I have moving forward, is the hole that is going to be left when Cadden departs. Even the short highlights video from yesterdays shows how important he is when we’re attacking. Ok his crosses arent all on the money but hes always available as an attacking outlet and stretches the play brilliantly. Signing a decent replacement is going to be one of the most important pieces of business to get bang on in January.

The small concern that I have moving forward, is the hole that is going to be left when Cadden departs. Even the short highlights video from yesterdays shows how important he is when we’re attacking. Ok his crosses arent all on the money but hes always available as an attacking outlet and stretches the play brilliantly. Signing a decent replacement is going to be one of the most important pieces of business to get bang on in January.

I agree it will be a key signing. At least KR and the backroom staff have had plenty of time to plan with 4 targets identified. I live in hope that we do similar as when Gorgeous George left us and we signed Jonjoe Kenny.

I agree it will be a key signing. At least KR and the backroom staff have had plenty of time to plan with 4 targets identified. I live in hope that we do similar as when Gorgeous George left us and we signed Jonjoe Kenny.
Ive got a sneaky feeling Chris Gunter could be the main target.

Ive got a sneaky feeling Chris Gunter could be the main target.

doubt it. He is back in Favour under Bowen
not sure he fits the profile of what we need either, he is 30 and surely we are looking for a quick attacking full back to compliment KR’s system. not a guy coming to end of his career?
much better options out there i think

Great to have a Boxing Day win after some pretty dire 26th December experiences!
One nice aspect of being on a good run is that you tend to get the breaks. If Lincoln had scored in that last minute instead of hitting the post we'd all be feeling a bit different. There were some weak defensive headers that landed in dangerous areas as well, but Lincoln didn't seem to have any savvy strikers.
They played a very similar style to us but didn't have the Baptiste factor.

I'm amused by those on the Lincoln forum calling us dirty. We did our fair share, without doubt, but we were no more dirty considering what Lincoln got up to. The bodychecks (Bostwick does a beauty on Matty Taylor in the extended high;lights), constant shirt tugging, holding, pushing etc on and off the ball followed by the swan dives whenever they lost the ball.

Absolutely, Mous's challenge was completely cynical but it wasn't a red, however much the Lincoln lot moan that it was. It was a good foul by Mous considering the numerous cynical fouls on Fosu for example and rightly a caution. I'm happy that we are willing to do this considering our recent opponents have all been happy to do such things to us.

EMyv9TZXkAIjnb1

Worth pointing out that Eirick Thohir was at the game yesterday and the board hung around after the City game to see the Wycombe game. With the 10k+ crowds in the game, irt will have highlighted the clubs potential to all.

Worth pointing out that Eirick Thohir was at the game yesterday and the board hung around after the City game to see the Wycombe game. With the 10k+ crowds in the game, irt will have highlighted the clubs potential to all.

Trouble with a scumbag for a landlord 11,000 is the maximum crowd we can ever get. If we want to progress we have to either buy the Grenoble Road site or move.

Trouble with a scumbag for a landlord 11,000 is the maximum crowd we can ever get. If we want to progress we have to either buy the Grenoble Road site or move.
Absolutely, but in the past 10 days, there has been a little glimmer of the clubs potential nonetheless

Back
Top Bottom